Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

[Rumor] Next Xbox To Not Allow Used Games

Featured Replies

Perhaps one of the most interesting rumors surrounding the still rumored and not confirmed next Xbox is a recent rumor that the next console will not allow the useage of used games.  This nasty little rumor began on Kotaku when they cited their sources that claimed that whenever the Xbox 720 is released, the console will automatically say a big fat no when the user puts a used game into the tray.

Before the subscribers of Gamefly and lovers of used games at Gamestop get their panties into a bunch, the Xbox 720 itself hasn’t even been confirmed or mentioned by Microsoft, let alone this little rumor.  So take a big deep breath and go back to playing.

via IGN



View the full article

i dont see how they coulld tell the difference to be honest. unless every game that comes out has a code that you have to put in to lock it to that console maybe. but there is no difference between a used game and one im throwing in my xbox for the second time

I would say no way, but they slowly phased out used PC games so it's hard to say they wouldn't try the same with console games.

Who cares if they did. New games on Steam are already so damn cheap most of the time they have sales.

I wouldn't be surprised if over the next few years the amount of discs for consoles decreases and the amount of digital downloads increases.

As for removing the possibility of used games, I highly doubt it would happen as so many business models depend on that market now.

Well. It's one of those things we have all accepted blindly. Licensing to me is crap. I don't mind buying new, but it should be mine to do what I want with it. I should be able to give my copies of games to someone else if I was done with it. Or sell it if I choose.

They've used piracy as an excuse to limit ownership. How would you feel if you bought a tv or a car and the manufacturer made you sign an agreement that no one else would ever be allowed to own it?

It's a bs limitation on trade. There is no reason what so ever that I shouldn't be able to relinquish my ownership of anything to someone else.

I can't see MS being that stupid it would undo all the progress the 360 has made this console generation. Not only would it externinate the used game sales but think about if you wanted to play a game at a friends house surely the other console would regrad it as a used game and refuse to play it?

I was kind of iffy about posting this article, but it's news and brings up a good question about the phasing out of used games. Online passes are already trying to do that anyway. I will say.....just look at who started the "rumor". Everybody has their "sources close to Microsoft". Everybody....

I was kind of iffy about posting this article, but it's news and brings up a good question about the phasing out of used games. Online passes are already trying to do that anyway. I will say.....just look at who started the "rumor". Everybody has their "sources close to Microsoft". Everybody....

I think we'll still have a couple more solid years of the "no multiplayer without pass" ones, and the rare cutting of single player content ones(Batman AC, Kingdoms of Amalur). EA loves doing it and so do other devs, but not everybody. Activision is doing just fine without it and I don't think Capcom's done it either(who would seem most likely to, since they like to sell you the same game multiple times so much...).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.