Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Heavenly Sword

Featured Replies

This game made me rage pretty hard last night. It's really fun and has a good story. However I was raging over the quick time events. Missing one button shouldn't cause me to start a ten minute fight all over. Not to mention the sixaxis bs.

Yeah I'm about 4 years late on this.

I DISABLED SIXAXIS WHEN I PLAYED. SUCKED. HATED IT.

QTE does have a place in games if done right. In a sense, it can make them more engaging. But it only really works best in hack'n'slashers and other such games. God of War is probably the best example of QTE done right.

And about the checkpoint thing, that's one of the things I hate most in games, a bad checkpoint system. There's never really a reason to redo huge amounts of things you've already done, especially if it's because of a simple mistake. It may depend on the game type, but I like to play games to experience and enjoy them, and going over the same parts over and over is no fun.

And before you say anything about me using quicksave/quickload so much PK lol, I use it to see how things change when I do things a slightly different way (or if something happens I want to time travel back from and prevent lol).

Wasn't going to say anything, until you neglected to say "when I don't have full health". I've seen you reload due to that. =p

Heavenly Sword would have been fine, but I know what Dat means. He didn't mind too much having to start from the beginning, but we all had to listen to that mini boss' cutscenes and voice, over and over. Couldn't skip it. So, Miss a QTE button press, start fight all over again, with the mini boss regaining almost all of his health, die eventually and then restart the entire horde of fights pre mini boss battle again... with all the non-skippable cutscenes and dialog. It was so frustrating to watch, so I feel for Dat totally. lol

I think I covered "losing more health than I wanted to" under my reference to using time travel for preventative measures. lol

And you're talking about the first Flying Fox fight, right? I do remember that part being kind of a pain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.