January 17, 201214 yr comment_52092 Darkness 2 - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Darkness-II-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454889f?cid=SLinkKingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-DEMO/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418983?cid=SLink Report
January 17, 201214 yr comment_52096 Kingdoms of Amalur : ) this game looked awesome at E3 last year... Report
January 17, 201214 yr comment_52098 Sweet! Both these games are flying way low on the radar but both look pretty damn good if you ask me. Report
January 17, 201214 yr comment_52102 Downloading The Darkness 2 demo now. It looks really good from the previews, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Report
January 18, 201214 yr comment_52114 Anyone tried them yet? I skeptical of Darkness 2, but I have high hopes for KoA. Report
January 18, 201214 yr comment_52118 I tried Darkness, I haven't gotten around to KoA. Darkness exceeded my expectations. I didn't think it would be that good, even though I liked the first one, I didn't expect much from the sequel. It turns out it's really fun, and well made. The graphics are good, I love the cell shaded style much more than I thought I would, and the darkness powers are just as much fun as the first. Report
January 18, 201214 yr comment_52124 My worry is, will the story hold up? The first was great and gave the game so much drive. Report
January 18, 201214 yr comment_52126 KOA is really good! You get 45 mins of playtime once you get outside the 1st dungeon. The 1st part is pretty much to get you used to the controls. I have preordered this from Amazon based on this demo. A lot of people are claiming that KOA is a rip off of Skyrim. In my play through I can say while there are similarities between the two KOA stands head and shoulders above Skyrim in combat and that by itself sells me. This game also lets you switch your skill sets on the fly so if you want to try your hand at stealth but your a Tank? Go ahead. Like Magic and heavy hammers? Use them both. It's fun and deep(200 hours is the claim). I recommend this game based on what I've played so far. I think it's going to surprise quite a few doubters. It did so to me to the tune of $60. Report
January 18, 201214 yr comment_52127 I thought the story was just as good as the first judging from the demo, Dat. It still has a strong narrative from what I can tell. Jackie is still haunted by Jenny's death and he has people after him trying to steal the darkness. Report
January 18, 201214 yr comment_52132 Freaking awesome on both accounts. Going to have to download these and try them out for myself. Is KoA coming out on PC too?EDIT:I'm actually downloading the Kingdom of Amalur demo on Steam right now. So, it is available on PC if anyone wants to try it. Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52379 I had a chance to play KoA and it was fun! Considering getting it. Not sure where people are saying its like skyrim. Sure there is leveling, crafting, questing, and talent trees etc etc, but isn't most of that stuff fairy standard in fantasy RPGs? How many games have used those elements lol. If anything this game reminds me more of WoW but in single player form.In any event I am a sucker for these types of games. Only thing I did not like was the camera. Seems a bit off like its too low to the ground and im always having to adjust it. I turned the sensitivity down but still seems a bit floaty for the lack of a better term. Not unplayable but could be improved. Keeping an eye in this one. Report
January 23, 201214 yr comment_52389 I enjoyed the demo of KOA, however I did get stuck behind a chest and had to restart the demo once.. but it definitely seems fun. I will pick it up probably once the price drops and I clear some of my games off my shelf.. I am looking at you Catherine, Deadly Premonition and 3D Dot Game Heros.. Report
January 27, 201214 yr comment_52776 I tried Darkness, I haven't gotten around to KoA. Darkness exceeded my expectations. I didn't think it would be that good, even though I liked the first one, I didn't expect much from the sequel. It turns out it's really fun, and well made. The graphics are good, I love the cell shaded style much more than I thought I would, and the darkness powers are just as much fun as the first.Same here, loved the original but didn't really ever think of a sequel could be as good nor did I like the style when it was first announced, but the demo was freaking great. Report
January 27, 201214 yr Author comment_52778 The sequel is by a different developer and made with a different engine. I think the engine change helped for the controls. I noticed the improvement almost immediately (after the being dragged part). Report
January 27, 201214 yr comment_52782 Yeah, its been a while since the last time I played the first, but the overall shooting is definitely an improvement. Report
January 27, 201214 yr comment_52783 Well, the KoA demo just seemed like....the most generic fantasy game ever. Didn't care for the WoWish art style either. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.