May 8, 201016 yr comment_7679 So I have a CD/DVD drive on my new laptop, that works like the drive on a PS3. There is no door to lay down the disk on. It's fed in.Problem: My new PC wireless adapter for 360 controllers, came with a tiny disk with the drivers on it. My laptop refuses to accept this CD. What can I do? I searched for drivers online, and I also searched for tiny fucking CD not working with automatically fed CD drives. Came up with zilcho each time. Report
May 8, 201016 yr comment_7683 I found this:Mini-CDs are not supported for use with slot-loading optical drives. A slot-loading optical drive has a slot through which the CD or DVD is inserted. This setup differs from a tray-loading optical drive. A tray-loading optical drive has a tray that the drive ejects. The CD is put on the tray, and then the tray is pushed into the drive. Mini-CDs are supported for use with tray-loading optical drives. The slot-loading optical drive installed on some Dell XPS computers contains an automatic feed mechanism together with an automatic eject mechanism. The slot-loading optical drive in the Dell XPS computer detects a standard CD or DVD disc when that disc is 90% inserted. Mini-CDs are much smaller than standard CDs. Therefore, the optical drive in the Dell XPS does not detect a mini-CD that is inserted. Additionally, a mini-CD is too small to be ejected by the eject mechanism in the slot-loading optical drive. Therefore, the Dell XPS computer cannot eject the disc. ClickyLooks like you're outta luck. Unless you have access to a tray-loading pc, then you could rip the mini and put it on a regular disc? Report
May 8, 201016 yr comment_7685 Shouldn't need them with 7 or Vista but here you go:http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&sku=JR9-00001Tell it your language and your OS and you'll be good to go. Report
May 8, 201016 yr Author comment_7689 Yeah, a friend gave me that link earlier. I downloaded and installed, but it's not working. Report
May 8, 201016 yr Author comment_7691 Each time I put the USB part in, I get thisEven though I installed the drivers for it, from the windows site. Report
May 8, 201016 yr comment_7692 Try restarting and then plugging it into a different USB port. IF that doesn't work I'll get on steam and try to help you later tonight. Report
May 8, 201016 yr Author comment_7693 I did both already. I think it's because it's official drivers, and the adapter isn't "official".I dunno. I just want to play my games with a controller! lol Report
May 8, 201016 yr comment_7737 This is why everything should just be put online for download... makes life easier. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.