January 3, 201214 yr comment_51317 He hadn't seen it and he wasn't able to watch the trailer via his phone. So, left it for him here.Crazy film. Report
January 3, 201214 yr comment_51336 i've seen kids. iuno bout this movie though kinda reminds me of a david lynch movie. Report
January 4, 201214 yr Author comment_51350 i've seen kids. iuno bout this movie though kinda reminds me of a david lynch movie.I watched that Tucker and Dale movie. You watch this. lol Report
January 4, 201214 yr comment_51366 gummo is just sick. i watched it years ago on ifc. consider yourself warned. Report
January 4, 201214 yr Author comment_51368 Movies about the Holocaust were sick, too. Yet, won awards. Report
January 4, 201214 yr Author comment_51397 Here are some quotes from Harmony Korine. The young writer of Gummo.After 100 years, films should be getting really complicated. The novel has been reborn about 400 times, but it's like cinema is stuck in the birth canal.I never cared so much about making perfect sense. I wanted to make perfect nonsense. I wanted to tell jokes, but I didn't give a fuck about the punch line.(2008) When I'm directing films, I mostly try to create an environment on set that mimics what's in my mind, as to the tone and feel of things. I try to create a place where you feel that anything's possible. Everyone's in character all the time to a degree, everyone's in costume all the time. You want to create an environment where these characters really exist, and then it's about me finding it. A lot of times, I'll give six or seven different scripts out with alternate endings, with different character lines, with different pieces of dialogue. A lot of times, the actors think they're working on different films.When I was a child the temptation to sin was always a romantic option. This romantic option lead me to the cinema, a place where sin was welcome.Here' a video of him on Letterman, to give you a glimpse of this avant garde writer. This is right when Gummo released. Ellipsis ellipsis ellipsis Report
January 4, 201214 yr comment_51398 I don't really care for films like that. He seems exactly like David Lynch and I very much dislike David Lynch. I don't agree with him when he says movies should be complicated. I think some movies should be complicated, definitely not all the time. And movies can be complicated but David Lynch films don't make sense people say they do but they only make it up. I don't like how people like Lynch are held to a high standard when their movies are dribble. I did like kids because it was sorta a coming of age film, but that it surrounded it self around aids I thought made it stand out. But if movies are just random clips of non coherent things I won't like it. I don't really care for films like that. He seems exactly like David Lynch and I very much dislike David Lynch. I don't agree with him when he says movies should be complicated. I think some movies should be complicated, definitely not all the time. And movies can be complicated but David Lynch films don't make sense people say they do but they only make it up. I don't like how people like Lynch are held to a high standard when their movies are dribble. I did like kids because it was sorta a coming of age film, but that it surrounded it self around aids I thought made it stand out. But if movies are just random clips of non coherent things I won't like it. Report
January 4, 201214 yr comment_51400 gummo is david lynchtimes 10. makes lost highway look like a bruckheimer flick. gummo is david lynch times 10. makes lost highway look like a bruckheimer flick. Report
January 4, 201214 yr Author comment_51401 Opinions may vary. At least watch it and come to your own conclusions, though, GG.David Lynch liked to use symbolism. A long frame of a word, or symbol. There's nothing like that in Gummo. It's various characters in one town, all doing different things. Like the cat hunters, bunny boy, the albino girl, etc, etc.Also, I'm damn glad there's different films like this. If I have to see another trailer for an action movie or lame horror flick, I'm going to effing scream.P.S. Lonely residents of a tornado-stricken Ohio town wander the deserted landscape trying to fulfill their boring, nihilistic lives. Nihilism: Total and absolute destructiveness, especially toward the world at large and including oneselfThat's exactly what it is, too. Report
January 4, 201214 yr comment_51404 just to be clear i really enjoyed gummo. i like weird flicks though. its not for everyone but if you like it, you'll love it. Report
January 16, 201214 yr comment_51995 Looks like something I would get bored of really quick, but would likely watch to the end just because of the strange factor. Report
January 16, 201214 yr comment_52045 it's not boring, it's just disturbing. a dude pimps his sister that has down syndrome and watches her get plowed, these kids shoot an old comatose lady in the feet with a bb gun, these two kids tie up and whip cats with sticks till their meat starts splashing off.....etc, etc...oh, chloe sevigny. she went on to do such great things as big love and blowing vincent gallo for reals on film. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.