Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Google, Amazon and Facebook Blackout? (SOPA)

Featured Replies

According to recent news, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and possibly other major sites such as Wikipedia may be planning a coordinated backout in response to SOPA.

If this does occur, it looks like the sites will be taken COMPLETELY down and show only a page urging users to contact their congressmen so they can use their favorite web sites in the future.

I can only imagine the impact this would have if it actually goes through...

Read more here:

http://www.foxnews.c...k-blackout-net/

Yeah I think it would be a good thing. We can all live without these things for a day. Better that, than them being taken down permanently, or having massive content filtering happening if SOPA passes.

  • Author

Yeah I think it would be a good thing. We can all live without these things for a day. Better that, than them being taken down permanently, or having massive content filtering happening if SOPA passes.

My thought's exactly... no Google would really suck for me, however making a one day sacrifice to prevent the bill from passing is something that can have a lot of impact considering millions use Google each day.

Amazon would be really shocking. They would be risking lost revenue in order to do this (guess it shows how much they disprove of the bill)

And Facebook? I know some friends that would flip if they could not do a status update...

While a blackout would suck, I believe that it would be a great wake up call to congressmen that if this bill is passed it could be much more significant than just a one day outage. I would approve of them doing this 100%

I'm not only fine with it, I actually kinda want it to come to this, rather then it possibly not be passed and a majority of the people not knowning it ever existed. I couldn't possibly see it passing after such big sites do this.

Especially those politicians that use FB to 'reach' their constituients.

google and facebook are actively engaged with the government. the fact that they'd do this makes me suspect we're being hornswaggled again.

I was actually thinking about that last night, Packer. Didn't really click until I started watching documentaries and seeing a pretty clear pattern emerging.

Either they had no plans of passing it and it's a red herring diverting our attention, or it's something even more convoluted and terrible. The doc I watched last night showed how government gets us to forget things. Not just arbitrary things, but the most important things we should be focusing on.

I was actually thinking about that last night, Packer. Didn't really click until I started watching documentaries and seeing a pretty clear pattern emerging.

Either they had no plans of passing it and it's a red herring diverting our attention, or it's something even more convoluted and terrible. The doc I watched last night showed how government gets us to forget things. Not just arbitrary things, but the most important things we should be focusing on.

Im just saying, and this is no joke, no one talks about WTC building #7..... no one. The divert our attention to other things.

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.