December 27, 201114 yr comment_50960 Read this - http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.htmlFukinay haha. This dude is for sure out of a job. Whatta dick. Report
December 27, 201114 yr Author comment_50962 Updated post by Gabehttp://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26/an-update1 Report
December 27, 201114 yr comment_50963 Looks like the dude screwed up pretty bad. I would steer clear of anyone saying this: " I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."Wrong guy to be a dick to. Oh well. Reap what you sow. Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_50980 oh god. he means it. good for dave for not stooping down and to penny arcade for standing up for the little guy. Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_50982 LoL Holy crap. So did the kid get his controllers for free yet?I'm half tempted to try calling the douchebag from Ocean also. I can't stand bullies and thugs either, and this guy was just chest thumping the whole time about how "big" he was and who he knew.I hope the internet cuts off his legs at the knees. Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_50984 That Paul Christoforo is the worst kind of scum, he's a f***ing bully and a complete fool to think any press is good press, but the trolls will see to that. I only hope his other clients are smart enough to drop this a**hole, otherwise the same may happen to them...Though, with customer service skills like his, I'm sure he could find refuge at AT&T.http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/4224/article/ocean-marketing-s-paul-christoforo-has-a-history-of-domestic-violence/^this f***face should eat a bullet Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_50985 http://kotaku.com/5871400/cut-paul-oceanmarketting-christoforo-a-breakhe-probably-just-has-roid-rage/: ) I love it when the internet digs up dirt on on scumbags! This guy is the most polarizing figure in gaming since Jack Thompson... Report
December 28, 201114 yr Author comment_51001 This guy is a total tool."If I had known, I would have treated the situation a little better."Referring to the email thread that started the whole mess, Christoforo said that he didn't know who he was talking to in his initial, flippant response to Penny Arcade's Mike Krahulik."I didn't know who that guy at Penny Arcade was," he admitted. "If I had known, I would have treated the situation a little better. PAX is a great show. What he does is what I've been idolizing since I was a kid. It's admirable he's put that together. He has a lot of connections, ones I want too."What does that tell you? That he can give a shit about a customer, but anyone in the gaming business with contacts, he'll act nice and proper to. Maybe even respect them.He also mentions how he hasn't lost any clients yet. Hey buddy, we know it's you and your friend running a business. He won't be your bro for long if you continue to shoot yourself (and him by proxy), in the foot.http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/28/9770514-chastened-gaming-rep-responds-to-internet-infamy Report
December 28, 201114 yr Author comment_51003 "I'm not depressed at people making fun of me," he said. "It's like a parody of Barack Obama. It's making me more popular.But Christoforo also sees some potential positives in all the negative attention he's been getting. His Twitter account, which has now changed names twice because he was "sick of the tweets and stuff coming in," has been getting a lot of new followers from the controversy, he noted, a situation that may be beneficial down the line."If these people stick with me and follow me, a couple months down the road anything I say is news," Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_51020 Theres not enough rage to be put into this one post, so just **** that guy, **** his sorry self for thinking being sorry for being caught being a complete ***, and firing him doesn't seem like its enough to me.P.S.- Theres going to be lots of asterisks in this i bet Report
December 30, 201114 yr Author comment_51145 This jerkwad needs to crawl under a rock. Each time he speaks, he shoots him and those around him in the foot.He also goes on to note that Christoforo's wife and children should be left out of the hate being sent his way, in response to Christoforo alleging that his family has been threatened. It has been noted that his Facebook account lists him as single, though it's unclear if that is the case.Despite Christoforo's threat to cancel anyone's Avenger order who canceled with the intention of taking advantage of a new $10 discount, existing orders will be honored and all pre-orders will receive $10 off. (Christoforo at one point welcomed a customer to cancel his order because "maybe I'll put them on eBay for 150.00 myself.")Curiously, the press release and new Twitter account both state that the controller's official Twitter account and email address were being held "hostage" and should be disregarded for the time being. This was further detailed by Chiullan, who has been answering questions on Reddit about the situation.One of his answers revealed that Christoforo was holding onto email accounts and the Twitter account as leverage until he was given what he wants, which many would chalk up to extortion. Some of his quotes, as shared by Chiullan, include, "I like you and everything, and you're reasonable and just trying to do your job, but if they don't do what I say, things are gonna get ugly," and "[D]on't you fucking threaten me! You don't know who the fuck you're dealing with! I will do things to you that you cannot imagine, they are so fucking bad! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF!"Chiullan went on to note how Christoforo compared himself to the likes of Howard Stern and Charlie Sheen before making it clear he would ruin N-Control if he didn't get what he wanted.Fortunately, it appears Christoforo has realized he is likely setting himself up for legal trouble. Whether that realization came as a result of him getting a lawyer or something else, Chiullan has since wrote, "Mr. Christoforo has very recently become very forthcoming and helpful regarding a variety of digital assets we requested he return a few days ago (as mentioned above in detail). We thank him for his renewed helpfulness."Chiullan has also been answering questions regarding the Avenger itself, including issues raised in legitimate reviews (and not the flood of 1-star Amazon reviews that have been published since Christoforo's emails were first made public). Given what's happened, the only path to clearing the air with gamers is to be honest, and that appears to be what Chiullan is doing -- he has even addressed allegations of positive reviews being planted earlier in the year, among other things. He's still willing to answer questions posted on Reddit by the end of the day, so if there's anything else you're dying to know, get your question posted soon.Read onhttp://www.1up.com/news/avenger-pr-man-cooperative-hostage Report
January 2, 201214 yr comment_51277 This entire ordeal should be a lesson to companies about paying close attention who you outsource PR to. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.