December 22, 201114 yr comment_50660 For years and with every new entry to the series fans have speculated as to how the Zelda games fit togeather. The main problem has been through the time paradox created by the ending to Ocarina of time.Well finally nintendo has indicated how the timeline works.http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215301p1.html Report
December 23, 201114 yr comment_50727 Obviously I don't know that much because I never realized they were going in reverse chronological order. Still neat to see how they tie together and that one line assumes Ganon wins. Report
December 23, 201114 yr comment_50734 You obviously noticed its half til quitting time and I have Chimay on the brain. Report
December 24, 201114 yr comment_50824 AVGN had one of the best pieces on this subject a few years back. Its some pretty good stuff, you guys should check it out...Zelda: Chronologically Confused Report
December 24, 201114 yr comment_50827 ^ Well put. Highly enjoyable video. That's really how I'd always viewed the series, where each game was really it's own unique legend. The timeline concept (for me) flew out the window at Link's Awakening, but I never seemed to care because the games were so good. By the time OoT had arrived, I played the games for what each game was, not trying to tie it to any other in the series. Now, there are obvious ties, like OoT and Majora's Mask, TLoZ and Zelda 2, etc., but whatever... Trying to make sense of it as a whole wasn't worth the time, and as stated, each game reached a level of stand-alone goodness. Report
December 24, 201114 yr comment_50829 That was a great video. Awesome way to put the time line. Report
December 24, 201114 yr comment_50832 AVGN had one of the best pieces on this subject a few years back. Its some pretty good stuff, you guys should check it out...Zelda: Chronologically Confused yea thats the first time I even thought about the order of the games when avgn did it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.