December 15, 201114 yr comment_50178 I swear... this company's support line is absolutely worthless, I have wasted half of my day dealing with these asshats...Anyway, I'm about to move over to my knew apartment and wanted to get cable internet started so I had internet when I go down there. I first go to comcast website to sign up for service. When I go to shop for internet it asks for my address. I enter the address to my apartment and then the page comes up with an error saying that I have entered a commercial address and that I have to go to the comcast business site to sign up for internet. Um... this is a residence we are dealing with here... So that brings my first call to 1800COMCAST. Support line tells me that there system shows it as a residence and that it should be working and to type in the address again. Already knowing what the outcome is going to be I go ahead and type in my address again... same error. After a bunch of doing who knows what they give up and tell me to enter a different address for the area. Well they give me the address of a nearby house and that is able to work. I hang up and look over my options for contacts from this horrid company. Find one that works for me however realize that I will have to sign up over the phone for service. So I call again (and mind you since I am at my parents house so I have to wait several minutes before I hear the options to sign up for new service since they think I am calling on behalf of my parents plan) and ask to speak to sales. I give them my address and tell them what I want and specify that I want to be sure and get the online deal since there website obviously is not working. After giving them my address I get this "oh... this could be a problem reaction" from the other end of the line. After being put on hold SEVERAL times, about 25 minutes into my call I am told that there is nothing they can do. So let me get this straight, you don't want new customers??? After being put on hold again I then eventually get told that someone else's name in on the bill for the address I have to go to their service center in town and bring my lease as proof I am renting the apartment.I ask them if I could fax or email it since the office is a ways away, but they said it has to be done in person. I drag my *** all the way over to the service center to prove I rent the place and sign up for service. After waiting in line for about 15 minutes in the DMV for cable services I finally get to speak with someone. Once I get up to the counter I explain my situation I show the papers that I rent the place After they look the place up on the computer the first thing I hear is "oh... this could be a problem". Apparently.. what I wasn't told on the phone is that the apartment is under the name of my landlord and cannot be canceled except through him. I tell them I don't want him to cancel the service because I get cable tv as a part of my lease agreement. I then ask if I can just sign up for the internet then and get billed separately for it. They said everything has to go on one bill because there system will not allow for that. So now because of comcast's messed up system, I am currently waiting on a call back from my landlord to figure out what we are going to do to settle this problem with comcast.If I was told this ON MY FIRST PHONE CALL I would not have had to wait hours of my day over this crap service. I mean really comcast, do you want a new customer or not??!?Sincerely,One upset Sky who isn't even a comcast customer. Report
December 16, 201114 yr comment_50203 Holy crap did you ever get the run around. I imagine one of two things is going to have to happen. Your landlord adds the service and you pay him extra on top of your rent. Most likely suggestion you will get from him, but keep in mind then everytime you have a problem they are going to want his info to come deal with it. Or option two he drops the service and you take over and he deducts the cable cost from your rent. Option two would likely be the best bet for you, but he may have some big deal going for the complex to get it cheaper. Shitty situation. Report
December 17, 201114 yr Author comment_50328 Your landlord adds the service and you pay him extra on top of your rent.This is what we have decided on doing.I bought myself a modem last week so after coming to an agreement with my landlord (which was much, much easier than dealing with comcast) I got the necessary account information and had my father call Comcast to sign me up because I honestly really didn't feel like talking to them. Yes, it would have been great to be able to sign up for this online, but as I said before... the internet option does not work for my address. So calling in were first connected to the general support line. After giving all the account information we told them we wanted to add service. That lead to us getting transferred to some department I can't even remember what it was called. After waiting on hold we were connected and had to supply all our account information again because apparently it did not get transferred over. We told them we wanted to order service and they told us we were transferred to the wrong department. We then told them to transfer us to the "right" department. After a long wait on hold we were transferred to the sales department. After giving the account information again (see a pattern here?) my father and I discussed that we wanted to add internet service to my apartment. They asked for the address and upon giving it to them we were presented with a "this could be a problem reaction." Apparently we were transferred to Pennsylvania... So we told them to transfer us to the correct department. That transfer dropped the call... So then we call back in, explain the situation again, and get transferred the "correct" sales department for my area. The transfer then took us to Virginia.... Well your getting warmer... only 1000 miles away now... Can you transfer us please? Call dropped again... So to solve this problem I decide to go back to the landlord and get the phone number for the account, because hopefully comcast's computer system will be able to figure out where I need to be connected to better than a human. So after getting the number that we need we go back in and enter the number for the bill. The number is incorrect. We still get connected to a support line and then get transferred to the CORRECT (yeah... about time) department for my area. After providing the account information again (why don't I have this memorized yet? lol) we finally get internet added to the account. I then give them the information for the modem I purchased and they get it all set up on their end. They tell me I should be all ready to go and tell me to load a page to test it.We are all good, right?Well if you like your interwebs REALLY slow then yes. It took about a minute to load the google.com page. I then proceded to do a speedtest and got a HUGE 0.5mbps download speed and 3.5mbps upload (lolwut?). I then proceed to tell the dude on the other end of the line before we hang up that we are having issues and after going through a few tests that proved to no avail, he scheduled us a technician to come and see what the problem is on Sunday.Is my story done yet?NOT quite.Few hours later decided to check the speed of my internet connection again. First I noticed my IP was different. After doing a speed test I then proceeded to get a VERY fast 25mpbs download speed. I'm paying for 15 so I can live with that. We proceed to call back in and tell comcast to cancel the service call.Happy ending?NOT yet.Came back a little bit later and the internet didn't work period...Came back later and it was ~14mbps...Came back later and it was ~0.05mbps...Came back later and it was 26mbps...Came back later and it didn't work. IP is differentCame back later and.... well you get the idea. I obviously have a connection problem.I proceed to call back in and describe my problem... OH... AND DON'T PRESS OPTION 3. It cycles your modem and makes you wait 20 minutes. Didn't know it would do that without connecting me to a rep.So after waiting and still seeing the same fluctuation and dropping speeds and connections and stuff, I call them back, get an appointment set up very easily again for Sunday. Tech support was quite helpful too this time. Had them look at the modem logs on their side to see what the issue would be. I had connection, but I kept dropping on and off their grid, hinting there is something wrong with the wiring somewhere along its trip.So now I wait for a tech on Sunday afternoon and hope that my calls to this 1800 line will be over soon enough.For those that have made it this far, congratulations, you win a cookie! Report
December 17, 201114 yr comment_50333 Free cookies! Hurray. Glad you at least have it set up, but it does sound like a wiring issue. Hard to say how many splitters the cable service is going through if it's multi apartment. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.