Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

(GCC) State of Handheld Gaming

Featured Replies

I haven't owned a portable gaming device since the game boy and even then I didn't use it much outside of my home.

That story has changed now that I own an iPhone. I just purchased GTA 3 for my phone. That is just amazing to me. I can take a game I spent hours in front of a tv playing anywhere. That's not to mention tons of great classics like Final Fantasy 1-3 and Chrono Trigger. Plus new games that just amaze me like Infinity Blade 1&2.

Now, my question is do you see a phone as a mobile gaming device? I do. Granted it takes some good design to make them playable but there are tons of games that will work. I actually would love to see more classics brought to the phone and the hand held.

I've played the first couple of missions in gta and the controls will take some gettin use to. However, it looks and runs great and really just amazes me.

Anyone here use any 'real' mobile gaming devices and enjoy the games that are on them? I'm really new to this type I gaming and I like the distraction when I have downtime.

Phones will never be a full gamin platform to me, but if I can while away the hours replaying some classics I can't complain.

Handhelds can be pretty fun, but generally they're not as good as console or PC games due to their limitations. There are some notable exceptions, games that had some really clever design to make them work well on a handheld, but for the most part I see them as diversion type games, just something to play while you're on the go.

  • Author

I certainly agree and that's why I support phones for gaming. Even if it is just casual games like angry birds it brings more people into the world of gaming.

How many people do you think now casually play these phone games and still wonder to themselves why people would sit in front of a gaming system for hours. I find it both amusing and plesent to see people come into the world of

Gaming. No matter what their path is.

I talked my wife into getting a pair of DS Lites a few years back and we played some multiplayer titles like MarioKart and Mario Party on them... They really were fun. And the Zelda game (Phantom Hourglass) was honestly one of the most enjoyable Zelda games in the series, all of which were played and mastered by myself (exception being Skyward Sword). When times got tough, we got rid of them via Craigslist, but they really were fun while they lasted. That being said, they will never compete with the world of PC and console gaming.

OH, and the first Professor Layton game was pretty awesome, even though I beat the **** out of that in record time... Damn, I love puzzle games but I'm so good at them that they never last long enough to REALLY enjoy. It's a blessing and a curse...

I stick to gaming at home (on Xbox or PC), and reading or listening to music while I'm out. I can't see myself sitting at home playing a game on my phone. Just doesn't work...lol....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.