Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Louie CK's $5 experiment: Was it successful?

Featured Replies

That is really awesome. And I've not heard of the guy before, but he is rather funny.

This is the pricing model that more companies need to start paying attention to. Steam is tremendously successful due to their ridiculous sales. If a product costs half as much, but sells more than double than it would have, that's more profit than would have been made otherwise.

And more for less. You shouldn't be punished with ads, DRM, warnings, trailers, and all that junk in your movies, games, and other media after already having to pay an arm and a leg for it. In terms of gaming indie seems to be the way to go now, without all the DRM and account nonsense that has become commonplace today.

I absolutely LOVE Louie. I've been a listener of the Opie and Anthony radio program on Sirius/XM for years now and he comes in and does the show a few times a year. I thought his first show on HBO (Lucky Louie) was phenomenal and wanted to cry when they didn't renew it's contract. However his present show on FX is almost just as good, especially for being a show on cable. He is one-of-a-kind and if you don't know who he is, you should crawl out from beneath that unfunny rock you live under and google that ****.

That said, I agree that this was an awesome little experiment of his and it's very good to know how it all turned out. I believe Radiohead did this with one of their albums as well, so I can't credit him as being the first to do so... No matter. I have to go along with Kevin and say that this business model needs to be adopted by more artists, as it is a victory for all involved.

  • 4 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.