Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Metal Gear Rising

Featured Replies

So, what happened??? A year ago, both the gameplay and graphics looked vastly superior. Now, it kind of just looks like every other game... If not for the fact that I love Platinum Games and Bayonetta, Vanquish and Madworld were all fantastic, I'd probably pass on picking this up.

I don't quite understand it that much, in the cutscene stuff in the new version, he cuts a metal gear RAY in half....but it takes several strikes to kill soldiers in the gameplay section, as opposed to the first version where soldiers get messed up with on strike. That and now instead of being the story about Raiden becoming a cyborg between 2 and 4, it takes place years after 4. Now i never played 4(I just only recently played 2,3 and peace walker this past month), but I don't see the motivations what so ever for the character.

It just kinda looks way to ridiculous to me, which yeah, metal gear has some incredibly weird/stupid things, but they all seem to have a good balance with it, this just seems to crank it up to 11. I'm not such a huge fan of hack and slash games to begin with anyway, and the original while still being one definitely seemed like it was going to have more going for it then "hit the guy over and over until he dies".

That and now instead of being the story about Raiden becoming a cyborg between 2 and 4, it takes place years after 4.

Really? That's kinda lame, because I was hoping to see how Raiden became a cyborg. They better have flashbacks or dialog explaining it at least. I'm sure they will with the game focused on Raiden, but it would be really dumb if they didn't.

I'll get this game eventually, but it doesn't look like something I'd nab full price (I don't with most games anyways). I like a good hack'n'slash game, and the Metal Gear Solid series, so this could be pretty cool if done right.

  • Author

The only thing that slightly worried me, was the difference in graphical fidelity from this year to now, but tha'ts more a kin to it moving to a new publishing house and consoles like the 360 hitting their preformance ceiling. I'm sure the game will be quite enjoyable...

The only thing that slightly worried me, was the difference in graphical fidelity from this year to now, but tha'ts more a kin to it moving to a new publishing house and consoles like the 360 hitting their preformance ceiling. I'm sure the game will be quite enjoyable...

Well, they talked about it now running at 60 fps instead of 30(or some difference in the frames per second at least), and just from the looks in that trailer, I would assume its not running on the MGS4 engine anymore and is now on whatever they made vanquished and bayonetta with. I would say graphically it looks pretty similar to the old E3 trailer.....but there is just something *slightly* off about both the environment and character models(seems like maybe something to do with lighting to me).

The game was cancelled and brought back by Platinum. I'm assuming that is the major reason for the changes. They probably had radically different ideas of what they wanted to do and Kojima gave them the go ahead.

Call me crazy, but I was not interested at all by the previous trailers. However, I am now a little more intrigued.

  • Author

The game was cancelled and brought back by Platinum. I'm assuming that is the major reason for the changes. They probably had radically different ideas of what they wanted to do and Kojima gave them the go ahead.

Call me crazy, but I was not interested at all by the previous trailers. However, I am now a little more intrigued.

Yeah, I have faith that Platinum Games will bring a great game to the table, its just a strange change of hands considering how well Kojima did MGS4 on the PS3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.