December 10, 201114 yr comment_49894 So, me and a group of friends usually go to each others house every weekend and chill/watch movies. The general genre of movies we like are horror movies, but so far the movies we've watched are anything but scary. Does anyone have any recommendations of good horror movies on Netflix that we can watch? Report
December 10, 201114 yr comment_49895 I don't know what is or isn't on Netflix, but I can recommend some movies. Pure horror I usually find corny and lame (group of partying teen/young adults get slaughtered through dumb circumstances), so most that I'd recommend are a mix of horror and action.My first recommendation is actually a little comedy too: The Evil Dead series. The first tries to be a straight horror movie, the second is a remake that's a bit campier (in a good way), and the third, Army of Darkness, is just awesome. A few good one-liners in it. It was made by the director of the Spiderman movies, Sam Raimi, so you might get a little idea of what to expect (sans Spidercrap 3's shenanigans)The Alien series is also great if you haven't watched them (1 and 2 especially), Predator series is alright but not as good.A lot of good zombie movies too. 28 Days and 28 Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead (remake, or you could check out some of the older George Romero zombie movies, Night of the Living Dead being a true classic (and in black and white)).More of a revenge flick than horror, but I Saw the Devil is really good. It's a Korean film (subtitled). Similarly Oldboy is another really good Korean revenge flick, but not really horror.You may have watched many of those already, or some may not be on Netflix, but those are some pretty good ones. I may think of more later. Report
December 10, 201114 yr comment_49898 I prefer psychological thrillers to horror movies.Here's a few:The GameCape FearAmerican PsychoPlay Misty for Me (Eastwood's first directing gig)Honorable mention:The Serpent and the Rainbow Report
December 11, 201114 yr comment_49926 http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Prince_of_Darkness/873846?trkid=2734348http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Stand/70202610?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/In_the_Mouth_of_Madness/624473?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiSearch?v1=Strangeland&oq=strange&ac_posn=3&ac_rec=truehttp://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Season_of_the_Witch/70126573?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Dolls/70038572?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Flowers_in_the_Attic/60024210?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Insidious/70142542?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Lord_of_Illusions/712990?trkid=2361637http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/American_Psycho_2/60023260?trkid=2361637 Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.