May 6, 201016 yr comment_7380 My roommate and friends have exams tomorrow so we are celebrating at home this year.Any of ya'll doing anything? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7382 Avoiding all human contact .. I consider Cinco de Mayo to be "Amateur Hour 2: Douche Bags Return" Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7384 Avoiding all human contact .. I consider Cinco de Mayo to be "Amateur Hour 2: Douche Bags Return"Hahaha yeah when we went to the liquor store to get the tequila, there was like 50 people standing outside of the Mexican restaurant we normally eat at. Most looked pretty douchetastic. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7391 It's worse in NYC .. course I live do live in Jersey .. but I caught the tail end of St. Patty's Day when I was going to an evening class at SVA and I will NEVER make that mistake again. Holidays that give frat boys an excuse to wasted in public is not my idea of a good time .. I don't leave the apt on Canada Day. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7392 Had a fiesta in Spanish class today... I made churros for it. It was pretty fun. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7401 Any of ya'll doing anything?I'm at work, dealing with all the douche bags that get caught driving. Hate, hate, hate May 5th. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7403 im not gonna lie, i have no clue what this holiday is for.Mexico won some battle or other. It's more an excuse to drink than anything else. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7404 Mexico won some battle or other. It's more an excuse to drink than anything else.ill be sure to remember this when i start drinking Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7408 I'm at work, dealing with all the douche bags that get caught driving. Hate, hate, hate May 5th. Aww that sucks. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7410 Mexico won some battle or other. It's more an excuse to drink than anything else.Lol yeah pretty much, I was talking to my friend who immigrated from Mexico like 6 years ago and he was like, "yeah.... Cinco De Mayo isn't even really a holiday in Mexico..." Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7414 Aww that sucks. You've no idea. People kicking jail cell doors all night and yelling obscene things at me as I walk by. The property guy called in sick, so I get the internet, but it also means I have to walk back and forth all night long in front of them. Not a happy kitty. I'm gonna kick the normal property guy's butt next time I see him...(j/k, he can be kinda scary ) Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7422 You've no idea. People kicking jail cell doors all night and yelling obscene things at me as I walk by. The property guy called in sick, so I get the internet, but it also means I have to walk back and forth all night long in front of them. Not a happy kitty. I'm gonna kick the normal property guy's butt next time I see him...(j/k, he can be kinda scary )I'm sorry. Give me a description and I'll kick his tail for you. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7431 I'm sorry. Give me a description and I'll kick his tail for you. hee hee Thanks. I better not. Then, I'd have to cover him even longer while he's recuperating. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7441 I was working in the yard. It was Cinco de Spider for me... lol. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7443 I was working in the yard. It was Cinco de Spider for me... lol.Hey TC. Turns out I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods this upcoming weekend. My mom is coming down and we're going to rent a room for Mother's Day. Probably hit the zoo and old town. A bit of swimming. I haven't been to SD in awhile, so I'm looking forward to it. Only bad thing, is I can't spend actual Mother's Day with her. I have to sleep on Sunday to go to work that night. Still gonna have some fun though. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7445 Really??! Cool! If you need any ideas for restaurants and such pm me. I know where everything is and pretty much what to avoid. For example in Old Town everyone goes to The Old Mexican Cafe. It's been there forever and the food was top notch at one time. Not any more (although the flower tortillas are made right in front of you and are still the best). The place to go to eat and be seen was Casa de Bandini. The food was to die for and the restaurant itself was in an old original hacienda. Alas they got in a fight with the management company that runs Old Town and decided to relocate in Carlsbad. I'll link that just in case at the bottom. My next choice would have to be Casa Guadalajara on Taylor street. DO GO TO THE ZOO! It may be a bit crowded but always worth it(look at the Tigers for me!). Eating at the Zoo does not have to suck btw. Go to Albert's Tree House. 4 star chief there and the food will reflect why. For Italian in Old Town Jack and Giulio's is the place to go the food is out of this world thought the place is not much to look at. I hope this helps...LOL... You had to tell me...lol..http://www.bazaardelmundo.com/bandini/ This is in Carlsbad now...http://www.jackandgiulios.signonsandiego.com/http://bazaardelmundo.com/guad2006.shtml This is my 3rd choice of Mexican food places here (Casa de Pico, #2, moved to La Mesa for the same reason) The food is still great just not as great. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7447 Umm...wow. Hopefully I'll be able to find stuff to do between meals. Are you a restaurant critic or something? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7449 Umm...wow. Hopefully I'll be able to find stuff to do between meals. Are you a restaurant critic or something?No. I just love to dine in America's Finest City. I've been doing it for 30+ years now...lol. I figured you'd want to treat mom to lunch. You will treat her to lunch, right? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7450 No. I just love to dine in America's Finest City. I've been doing it for 30+ years now...lol. I figured you'd want to treat mom to lunch. You will treat her to lunch, right?Of course. I'm not a heathen. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.