Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption Legalized

Featured Replies

In a bipartisan effort, the House of Representatives and the United States Senate approved the Conference Committee report on spending bill H2112, which among other things, funds the United States Department of Agriculture. On November 18th, as the country was celebrating Thanksgiving, President Obama signed a law, allowing Americans to kill and eat horses. Essentially, one turkey was pardoned in the presence of worldwide media while in the shadows, buried under pages of fiscal regulation, millions of horses were sentenced to death.

Horse slaughter has been prohibited in the United States as funding for inspections of horses in transit and at slaughter houses was non-existent. This worked because the horse meat cannot be sold for human consumption without such inspections. The House version of the bill retained the de-funding language and the Senate version did not. The conference committee charged with reconciling the two opted to not include it. The result is that it is now legal to slaughter horses for humans to eat.

Why would something like this happen now? Is there a big hunger for horse meat in the states? Not that I know of.

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article/obama-legalizes-horse-slaughter-for-human/

When I first read this, I was hoping to find an Onion logo somewhere. I just don't get why this is needed at all.

I'll be honest. I've eaten horse meat before when I attended school in France. They actually serve that crap to kids in the cafeterias. I wanted to barf when I found out what I just ate but I suppose it didn't taste too badly.

When inspected and properly maintained, I guess meat is meat when it comes down to it. Like veal for example. Cute, adorable little baby cows that are chained in one spot so they can't move and are force fed to fatten them up nice and tender..... yuuuuuuummmmmm

This will be good for the horse market. When they passed the law against slaughtering horses the bottom dropped out because there were so many saturating it.

Not that I agree or disagree with eating horses. Don't really care. However it will be a good thing. It's better they be slaughtered then left to die a slow death of starvation in places where people can no longer feed them.

Are you a centaur pk?

Only where it counts?

e-lol1.gif

Speaking from a professional standpoint, I don't think I could kill a horse. Maybe in a dire situation where it would be euthanizing it, but not in a slaughterhouse production way.

There's just something about them. When you look a horse in the eye, it's like there's something there, you know?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.