November 16, 201114 yr comment_48276 Based off of any game released on any console, in any genre, between now and 12 months back... which game would you vote for Game of the Year? Adding in why nets you some internet cool points. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48278 Deus Ex Human Revolution. Reason is it did for me what other games couldn't...maybe because it's a Canadian game, but I really and truly related with the main character, even though we didn't have that much in common, but he just seemed pissed and wanted to get to the point right away on everything. Add in amazing graphics with amazing story and dynamics that are yet unmatched and well that's my reason take it or leave it. Report
November 16, 201114 yr Author comment_48281 DX:HR is a great choice, Em! Even Portal 2 is. I know people are swept away by recent games, but I also hope they remember older titles that were really good, too. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48282 I haven't bought a new game this year. I'm thinking Skyrim will be it though. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48284 Between now and 12 months ago, not waiting to include the rest of this year's releases and based on what I've played, I'll pick the obvious one: Skyrim.Regardless of the dumbing down done in the game, there's still a ton of stuff to do and it's a really massive, content rich game. In some ways not having to worry as much about stats, enchanting, spellcrafting and such as much just means you can get right to the adventuring without spending so much time in menus, though I do miss some of the stuff from Oblivion and Morrowind.I have a feeling I might have something else to add to this thread in about a month when I've played Assassin's Creed: Revelations though. The last couple AC's have been really good. Skyrim definitely is my RPG GoTY though regardless. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48291 Idk, my room mate has AC Brotherhood and I honestly was bored after playing for 3 hours. Guess it's just me getting old. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48295 I wanted to say skyrim but I've come to the conclusion that as a whole Oblivion was better so I'm gonna go with Batman Arkham City. it's the only game I've played this year that I consider lived up to my expectations. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48298 Portal 2 is the only game that has been released this year that I have played... lol Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48302 I'm going to have think about this one. I have so many to play still that I can't say for sure. DX an Skyrim are at the top right now. I'll pick and explain after I've thought on it some more. Report
November 16, 201114 yr comment_48305 Battlefield 3 is definitely it for me. I can't think of a game in the last 2 years that gave me so many epic moments.all the game modes are great, I enjoyed single player and the coop missions and most of the multiplayer maps are some of the best I've ever seen. It seems like every time I get on multiplayer I find a new reason to love it. With every other multiplayer game starting to feel stale this is the only one that really feels like they are innovating and pushing the enevelope. The sound alone is something to marvel at. Ohh did I mention the vechicles are all hella fun to drive? Report
November 17, 201114 yr comment_48310 Honestly id say skyrim. Just seems like the likely choice if the boss battles werent fubar in deus ex id pick that. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.