Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Featured Replies

So I guess it's fair to guess I'm the only one that picked this one up since it came out the same week as MW3, Skyrim, and Saints Row 3? Been having a fun time playing Peace Walker even if the online is a little laggy and it's not super easy to find games. Haven't really tried out 2 and 3 much though,popped in 2 for about 20 minutes to see how the controls were and decided Peace Walker would be the easiest to start with. Too note, this is the first time I've played any MGS games ever.

First MGS game EVER?! WHAAAAT! Play it in chronological order. Snake Eater (3) is technically the first game in the timeline, then it goes on to 1, 2, then 4. I don't know where the PSP games fit in to the storyline :/

First MGS game EVER?! WHAAAAT! Play it in chronological order. Snake Eater (3) is technically the first game in the timeline, then it goes on to 1, 2, then 4. I don't know where the PSP games fit in to the storyline :/

The series is pretty amazing played in chronological order, that's how I did it (aside from the PSP games which I played last, both of which take place between Metal Gear Solid 3 and 1). If you start with 3 you get some of the niceties of modern game design to ease into the story, rather than hopping right into it with a game designed in 1998. The story plays out fine in that order, too.

This pack will be one of those games I'll get if I can find it cheap and want to revisit the series again.

So I'd say play MGS3: Snake Eater first, then Peace Walker (Portable Ops would be next after 3, but though it explains a little bit about how the Boss gets some of his funds and assets, is nonessential, and not even included in the pack anyways), then if you like the series I'd highly recommend you get the first MGS if you have a PS3 (PSN store), Wii/Gamecube (MGS1 Twin Snakes Gamecube remake) or PS2/1 (original PS1 game). Then finally 2. 4 you'd have to get separate, but it's pretty epic if you want the last part of the story.

And I think I've heard the new game MGS Rising will take place between 2 and 4.

  • Author

Well, finished Peace Walker, but i'm still playing it to unlock more weapons and extra ops. I already knew some of the big story points for 3(well, at least the ending, so it didn't spoil anything for me). Don't have access to a way of playing 1(except for I suppose PC, but I would imagine it's not to easy to come by these days).

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Finished 2 and 3 now, I enjoyed 2 but found myself getting annoyed a lot at being seen by enemies that I couldn't see because of the weird camera angles, and getting tired of the codec conversations near the end.....and talking to Rosemary after saving. MGS3 though, damn was that freaking great all around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.