Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

So much for Qwickster

Featured Replies

Talk about your qwik turnaround. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings announced this morning that Netflix will not be splitting into two separate services as planned. The news comes less than a month after the company's stock went into freefall following its announced split into disc-based and streaming entities named Qwikster and Netflix, respectively.

"It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVD," Hasting wrote on the company's official blog this morning. "This means no change: one website, one account, one password... in other words, no Qwikster."

Read the rest in the link below

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/netflix-cans-qwikster-service-staying-whole/

I dont know whats going on there, but how about dropping the whole DVD line and put all your money into getting new releases for your streaming?????????? I would pay more to get new releases in MY FREAKING HOME, than do DVD or redbox. They need to wake up.

I dont know whats going on there, but how about dropping the whole DVD line and put all your money into getting new releases for your streaming?????????? I would pay more to get new releases in MY FREAKING HOME, than do DVD or redbox. They need to wake up.

I'll second that. DVD and Blu-ray rental should be dropped altogether. Their streaming service is in dire need of new content.

  • 2 weeks later...

I want to see a service with true HD content and not the compressed crap they pass as HD.

Until we get more internet infrastructure that can handle full HD, this won't happen. Right now there is already too much congestion on the internet and we barely get speeds we should be getting. It's sad, but we are years away from getting full HD streamed to us.

It's true I know but I would settle for a service like amazon has where you rent but have to download to watch. It's still not the best but better than any streaming service. I know it's possible to get great 720p quality in 4gb for your average movie length.

It's true I know but I would settle for a service like amazon has where you rent but have to download to watch. It's still not the best but better than any streaming service. I know it's possible to get great 720p quality in 4gb for your average movie length.

In my experience you can even get a good quality 720p movie in 1.5 to 2.5 GB depending on the length. Somehow DVDs and BluRays are just bloated from all the other stuff on them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.