September 22, 201115 yr comment_45632 BAH! So there was Comcast outage yesterday in my area. All flipping day. Well anyway, they finally get it runnning again and guess what? Only the internet works...no cable or phone. So we go to Jason's parents house to call them and I ended up talking to two different people who clearly were not on the same page.Female: I'll resend the signals to your cable. It looks like your cable boxes are not receiving the signals. It's probably due to the outage. Let me put through to somebody else.(Next person)Male: Let me check it out. Hmm....it appears that everything is working at your house. We are receiving signals from your cable boxes, telephone, and internet. When you get home disconnect everything and try again. /end convo with comcastWell here it is the following day and guess what....still no phone and cable and they don't understand why. I have an idea! How about instead of guessing you send somebody out to my house to fix your problem. I don't pay $220 a month for this kind of craptastic service. Not to mention since they started this cap thing with the internet they are walking a fine line with us as customers. BS! Report
September 22, 201115 yr comment_45642 Don't even mess with customer service. Tweet @ComcastBill and he'll ask a few questions. Tell him how customer service is pissing you off, and he'll have your area's supervisor call you. Once you talk to that person, they'll sent someone out to you lickety split.Bill's a bad ass. Serious. Report
September 23, 201115 yr Author comment_45689 I'm going straight to the source after work. The phone is working now, but none of the comcast boxes are so....Jason and I are taking all four boxes into their little center place thing and asking for new cable boxes since they can't fix the damn problem themselves.I hope that when the XBL tv service launches all of my favorite shows are on there, because Comcast will be donzo on the cable end with us. Report
September 23, 201115 yr comment_45695 I wish I had comcast instead of the pos I have now honestly. Report
September 24, 201115 yr comment_45718 Listening to PK is probably wise. Poor fella has had more run ins with bad cable support than anyone I know. Haha. Report
September 24, 201115 yr comment_45761 First off, you're paying $220? That's a horrible deal unless you have almost everything with them a super tier internet package. Second, Comcast is better than AT&T, I promise. The other companies do not exist where I live. Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_45773 Comcast has good service when it is up. Internet is usually pretty fast. Customer service however... Report
September 26, 201115 yr Author comment_45839 First off, you're paying $220? That's a horrible deal unless you have almost everything with them a super tier internet package. Second, Comcast is better than AT&T, I promise. The other companies do not exist where I live.We have their highest internet speed and three HD boxes and one regular box which makes it pretty damn expensive. I actually didn't know we were paying all that extra for the HD boxes until I did a check over the bill a few months ago. I thought the boxes were included with the bill plan. Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_45845 Yea that is expensive, I looked at my parents bill they have comcast and they have twi boxes but only one.movie.channel and secind to beat internet andnits 175. They are getting att andbthey said it will be 130 Report
September 26, 201115 yr Author comment_45849 I think that's what we need to do as far as channels go. We get all of the movie channels and we really only watch HBO and Starz. Might have to cut those other ones out since it's a waste of money. Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_45875 The bad part is they screw you with tiers. Only want one premium channel? That'll be 15 bucks then the next is cheaper etc. I hate cable companies and their damned tiered pricing. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.