September 19, 201115 yr comment_45366 Everyone probably already has something setup, but I went ahead and put our own re-hosting site together. It's a pretty simple setup. http://images.gamercide.org . If you are interested, create a new user and I'll accept it and you can get going. Once you upload an image to your folder you can the show code options on the bottom right to give you the links. It doesn't really resize or anything like that, and I'm still looking into other options. I just thought I'd add a way for our news team to host to our own local server. Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_45384 Since gifs can actually be hosted on it, I think you've made an image hosting page that is in some ways better than ImageShack and Photobucket. Those sites (and pretty much all others I've found) either don't allow them without a paid membership, or just plain break them with all the stupid resizing stuff they do. Now I can host all my creepy Samuel L. Jackson gifs on your site lol. Report
September 19, 201115 yr Author comment_45386 Best part is it's hosted on Gamercide's server. So we get all the hits. You're activated siren. Report
September 19, 201115 yr Author comment_45392 I'm still looking into an easy way to pull the images inside wordpress directly, but for now you can just use the full HTML code ( button in bottom right of each pic ) and paste it into the wordpress doc and resize via wordpress. Also, everything is public but you can create a new folder and password protect it or adjust the permissions to just you. If you have any questions let me know. I'm going to start with just the news crew and then I'll open it up to all forum members if it works out. And you're welcome. Glad to help in some way since I don't post many reviews or news. Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_45393 Very cool. How much bandwidth/space do we have for this? Report
September 19, 201115 yr Author comment_45396 Unlimited. Though I prefer if we keep it's use limited to gamercide. You're welcome to store other personal things but I may disable hotlinks to any site except gamercide. Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_45401 Unlimited. Though I prefer if we keep it's use limited to gamercide. You're welcome to store other personal things but I may disable hotlinks to any site except gamercide.Understandable. I was just curious.Feel free to add me... Report
September 19, 201115 yr Author comment_45402 Yeah. Only real reason is because unlimited bandwidth doesn't mean unlimited speed. Visit the site and register then all I have to so is approve you so you can use it. Lots easier that way Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_45403 Can it be integrated into XP operating system so I can just right-click an image into the site directly? Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_45404 Also, everything is public but you can create a new folder and password protect it or adjust the permissions to just you. Darn! Well there goes topless pics I was going to post Report
September 19, 201115 yr Author comment_45405 Em, not that I know of but there's a little application I'm trying to setup to work with it. Lol Siren. Report
September 19, 201115 yr comment_45406 Em, not that I know of but there's a little application I'm trying to setup to work with it. Lol Siren.If you can create user account that work via FTP there are many addons that will do that for you. Report
September 20, 201115 yr comment_45426 What is FTP?http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+ftpSorry... I couldn't resist. But to put it simply it is a protocol used to transfer files across a network (internet) Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.