September 10, 201115 yr comment_44584 Perceptive Steam users have notice that the online service's support page now references both PS3 and Xbox in one of its user feedback boxes. So why is that strange? Well, Steam is only available on PC and PS3, and the later of the two is only because Microsoft likes to keep Xbox Live's infrastructure close to the vest.Valve hasn't said anything about the matter yet, and while some outlets are speculating that this is an announcement in the works, the timing doesn't seem to make sense. Wouldn't it have been better for Valve and Microsoft to announce Steam for Xbox Live at E3 or Gamescom? And why would that announcement happen at the Tokyo Game Show, in a region where barely anybody owns an Xbox 360? Source - [GamePro]They have talked about including cloud services for LIVE in the next update. Is this it? Guess we wait and see. Report
September 10, 201115 yr Author comment_44617 I think it will, but not in the form some think. Some think it may make cross console happen. I don't. I think if it is true, it's going to be Steam updates (TF2/L4D) and cloud saving. MS has already mentioned cloud saving, so maybe this will be it. Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_44639 May redeem Xbox Live enough for me to continue paying for it. My membership runs out in November I still don't know if I'll renew it or not. Report
September 11, 201115 yr comment_44656 well if it is true I see nothing negative to come from it as a 360 user i think it would be nice, but tahts just me Report
September 11, 201115 yr Author comment_44657 It'd be great for accounts on the go. Wouldn't need to go through the recover gamertag option and you wouldn't need to carry a memory card. Just sign in and use the cloud to use your gamertag at a friend's house. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.