September 9, 201115 yr comment_44562 Greetings fellow Vault Dwellers! My name is Alex Shirley, or Lord Death of Murder Mountain as I am rightfully known across the wasteland. I have come here today to engage you in a dramatic short story about an anxious achievement hunter. This is my story.Everybody who is currently reading this well placed journal entry, is well aware that the world was destroyed when the Reds dropped the bomb on us. Even though the world had gone boom-boom, civilization continued pushing forward, and now everyday life has turned into a battle for survival. The simplest task of going to the local Mega Mart for a ice cold bottle of good-ole-fashioned Nuka-Cola can get you killed Now-a-days. So this is where my story begins, well I may have to fast forward just a tad bit...[time elapses] ...and here we are. I am now 18 years of age and I am itching for a tasty beverage. I inform my friends of my current conundrum and they tell me about a local soda plant that had yet to be explored since the nuclear holocaust. It manufactured the delectable soda-pop known as Sunset Sarsaparilla. Intrigued by the Intel, I packed up my Rucksack with stimpacks and my trusty boom-stick and headed out on my quest.My journey to this abandoned plant was intoxicating, literally. I stumbled across a traveling merchant named Randy, well he never told me his name but I assumed he was a Randy because he looked as though he was a Randy. That's enough about my pal Randy. So he showed me his wares after I brought up the predicament of my thirst, and all he had on him was whiskey. I reached into my bottomless Rucksack and snatched out a bottle-cap tossing it his way. I glared at the whiskey for about 2 minutes, then went bottoms-up (FUN FACT: Underage Drinking in the Wasteland is NOT illegal.) After the swig-a-thon came to a close, my vision became slightly impared and my memory of that day was long gone. I must of taken a wrong turn because I ended up in a sewer system where Wastelanders fought radioactive creatures for sport, a little establishment known as 'The Thorn' ran by a crazy gal by the name of Red Lucy. She told me she was desperate for some eggs, and it wasn't scrambled eggs. She desired Giant Mantis eggs, so I shook her hand with great triumph and accepted her quest.I climbed out of the sewers to find out I was still in the city limits, which was bananas because the soda plant was South-West of the city. Not to mention, my public drunkenness had caused me to fall into a deep sleep lasting 3 hours, which was valuable soda-plant finding time now long gone. I put on my sunglasses (even though my Pip-Boy said it was 4 a.m) and I headed South-West. My journey was long and at some times didn't make sense, but finally I arrived at the plant.I walked inside and it smelled of sulfur, but I didn't care I pushed onward after gazing into my soda future. I found Twelve swell bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla and lodged them into my Rucksack of endless possibilities. I was satisfied with the loot I had obtained and I carried on towards the exit.Upon reaching the exit, something stopped me dead in my tracks. A voice coming from my six, so I did a ballerina spin on my heel and saw what looked like an old fortune teller machine. The glass had been busted and inside was a figurine of what looked like a cowboy. Strangely this cowboy fortune teller from mars was asking me to come over and chat with him. I tip-toed over to the talking cowboy machine and introduced myself, saying I was an adventurer on a quest for his delicious loot of soda-goodness (Because at the time I was frightened that he was a vengeful spirit who had possessed this machine to drive any looters banana sandwich.) I decided that he was not the ghost of Christmas past when he started repeating one sentence over and over again like a stuck record. He spoke of rare bottle caps with a blue interior and a big white star in the center, he said there were Fifty in the wasteland and if I could find them I would be rewarded. By this time I had already forgotten about the eggs, and was in the zone hearing about these caps. I was like the Indiana Jones of the wasteland, except the Relics I was searching for was bottle-caps with stars on the inside. The story was long, and he repeated many of his sentences, but at the end of it I realized my one and only goal on this world was to find those mysterious bottle-caps. When I stepped outside of the plant I looked to the horizon, and knew that the journey ahead of me would be long and dreary. I put one foot in front of the other and headed towards the sunset, like the old western movies depicted. Thus begining my long quest for 'The Legend of the Star'.Written by Alex ShirleyBased on my Fallout: New Vegas JourneysMessage me if you want more of these tales, and friend request me Report
September 9, 201115 yr Author comment_44565 Nicely done. Welcome the forums!Thank you very much , I've been speaking with Siren about becoming a writer for this awesome site Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_44569 Very good stuff. Welcome to the forums, you don' happen to play Red Dead or GTA do you? Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_44571 Very awesome intro. I really liked it. We have a literature section so feel free to post more of these anytime you like. And welcome! Report
September 9, 201115 yr Author comment_44572 Very good stuff. Welcome to the forums, you don' happen to play Red Dead or GTA do you?Look up my gamertag on Xbox live (TheDr GForce)I have mastered the arts of the six shooter in Red Dead, and know how to live the life of crime on GTA :3 Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_44574 Look up my gamertag on Xbox live (TheDr GForce)I have mastered the arts of the six shooter in Red Dead, and know how to live the life of crime on GTA :3added Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_44609 What a strange individual. Not that there's anything wrong about that. The more the merrier. Welcome, stranger. EDIT: Wait, can't forget to put my traditional new member greeter in my greetings post. Report
September 10, 201115 yr comment_44647 Awesome intro.Welcome to Gamercide! The Nuka-Cola machine is upstairs and to the right. Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44834 Thank you very much , I've been speaking with Siren about becoming a writer for this awesome site I know how to pick 'em I thought I already welcomed you in this thread. I guess not....sorry! Welcome to the forums!!!! Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44837 Welcome. Nice story. Couldn't stand that quest though, had to look at a walk-through to get those bottle caps. Report
September 13, 201115 yr Author comment_44840 Welcome. Nice story. Couldn't stand that quest though, had to look at a walk-through to get those bottle caps.I didn't look it up, and it took me forever D: Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.