Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Netflix loses a ton of content in 2012

Featured Replies

Starz has announced that it will not renew its contract with Netflix to provide content from its Starz and Encore brands. Netflix shares were down 10% on news of the cancellation.

Starz Entertainment said that it has ended contract renewal negotiations with Netflix and when their current contract is up in February of 2012, it will cease to distribute its content on the Netflix platfrom.

Starz says that it is doing this to ‘protect the premium nature’ of its brand by preserving the pricing and packaging of its content. In other words, Starz wanted more money and didn’t want to devalue its brand in the eyes of other potential straming services like Hulu.

Keep up on this story, at the link below

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2011/09/01/netflix-just-lost-a-ton-of-content-as-starz-ends-contract

Damn I was already feeling like I needed more content on Netflix. This is not good news but I just hate cable so much and all the commercials that come with it. It would take quite a lot to make me ever go back.

I'm okay with these being gone. None of the Starz stuff is in HD and most is pan and scan low res. If I see the Starz logo on something I want to watch, I usually skip it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.