August 30, 201115 yr comment_43800 Were any of you guys on the east coast affected Irene at all? I'm in Massachusetts on the border of Rhode Island and I got absolutely slammed. We got 7 inches of rain in 36 hours, prolonged thunderstorms, sustained winds of 50mph, and winds up to 75mph. Will update later. Have no power and won;t for about a week. Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_43823 Damn Dude.I have heard some pretty messed up stuff in the way of flooding. Hope you are not having too much of an issue with that.Stay safe! Hope you don't have too much damage. Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_43840 Sorry to hear that. I remember the 30+ inches from a Tropical Storm 10 years ago and all the hurricanes that have come through Houston, TX in recent years. So I def feel that pain, hope all works out! I went without power for 3 weeks a few years ago. Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_43843 We had a steady rain and winds, but nothing major. Now my family back home which is about 3 hours to the east of me, they got hit hard. My father lost some siding on his house and some of the roof came off. Him and his woman re-did their bathroom a couple months and from losing some of the roof the rain got in the bathroom and messed the new paint job up. So they have to redo that again. My nan had alot of rain coming into her house and she was up all night long when that hit. Report
September 1, 201115 yr comment_43913 I myself didnt, thank god. But my family did, they live in Prattsville and jefferson, margretsville and hobart...its real ugly right now, water has gone back down and now its just alot of mud clean up and hopes that winter is gentle. Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_43951 Hurricane season isn't over yet!These towns get it with another like that, may as well get white out for the maps... Report
September 2, 201115 yr comment_43975 Hurricane season lasts until october. Irene wasn't even a huge hurricane, she was only a cat 1, and a tropical storm by the time she hit new york. Just goes to show how unprepared a lot of those places were. Katia is a hurricane now and very well could come in contact with the coast. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.