August 23, 201115 yr comment_43086 So it seems the final book in the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr) is going to be released on November 8th. I have it preordered and am excited to read it. I started rereading the first three books yesterday and got 66 pages into Eragon already lol (and I haven't read any yet today, since I'm setting my computer back up after my parts got back today). I'm rereading because it's been a while since I've read them, and I want to remember the specifics since Inheritance will be the final book.Anyone else read the series or getting the new one? Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_43087 I've never read the series, but I understand the rereading part. I've been following some books that started before I was born and are still going. lol. Report
August 24, 201115 yr comment_43232 I have never read his books and I have no idea what they are really about but I want to say: I met this guy when I was in middle school and before he even signed to a publisher and was doing it inside his house or something like that. Random, I know. Cool dude though. Report
August 25, 201115 yr comment_43250 I think it's already out on the kindle... thought about picking it up, but gotta really finish my own stuff before I can afford the leisure of reading someone else's creation. Report
August 27, 201115 yr comment_43470 Yep, was a huge fan of the series...I just hope I can dive right into the new book easily because I don't have time to reread the others. Some details are fuzzy but I usually remember a lot once I start reading again. Report
August 30, 201115 yr Author comment_43782 Finished the first last night. I thought I was making good progress, but then I was reminded that the second and third book are about forty and sixty percent longer respectively, so I'm only about a quarter of the way lol. Still time though, and it's not like I have to stop and immediately read the new one as soon as it arrives. As I recall, the writing gets better by the second book as well (I'm 50 pages in now). Report
August 31, 201115 yr comment_43806 Read the first 2, never got around to the 3rd. The movie was god awful. Report
September 6, 201115 yr comment_44224 omg like every month i google and search and search wondering where it was and finally its coming. i love those books... dont judge me Report
September 7, 201115 yr comment_44323 liked them ok... goodkind's series was way better, but then again he also had a good 20 years or so of life experiences to fully flesh out characters accurately, and the kid was ... what, like 18? Report
September 7, 201115 yr Author comment_44324 I just finished the second, so I think at this pace I'm going to finish the third too soon lol, as there's still 2 months before the final one comes out.And sure there are better novels, but I like this series. I could easily say that Dune was better, but the genre is a bit different being Science Fiction rather than Fantasy, and Frank Herbert of course had a lot more experience before writing the series.I'd like to finally read that Journey to the West novel (well four volumes) that I got sometime afterwards, then at another point possibly the Wheel of Time series, as someone has pretty much indefinitely lent the first book to me.And do not mention that travesty of a movie in this thread again...lol Report
September 7, 201115 yr comment_44325 Artemis Fowl is a 14 year old boy and his adventures are grand!=] Report
September 7, 201115 yr Author comment_44326 Artemis Fowl is a 14 year old boy and his adventures are grand!=]I read the first Artemis Fowl book a long time ago and it was fairly good as I recall. I've sort of read some of the others I think, but it was all so long ago. Though thinking back, it was a bit odd being about a 14 year old with the mind of an evil genius dealing with fairies, dwarves, and their respective governments. lol Report
September 7, 201115 yr comment_44331 He's not so evil. The plots are thin and geared for a younger audience, but I liked the way he'd outwit his opponents and make them think it was all a fluke or that they actually won. Report
September 8, 201115 yr comment_44412 I loved the artemis fowl books, but I was referring to the age of the author... christopher paolini was 18 when eragon was first published in 2001, he was born in 1983 Report
September 16, 201115 yr Author comment_45086 And done. I managed to reread all three books much faster than I had previously read a single one of them lol. That was mostly because I had at some points set them aside as something I'd read while in transit and such. I noticed I still have my Golden Compass trilogy and almost feel like rereading that series at some point too. It's been a long time and I recall them being pretty good as well, but don't really remember a whole lot about them. First, I have to wait for the last Eragon book while all that's fresh in my mind (even though I didn't expect to finish two months early lol), then I want to finally read Journey to the West. Report
September 16, 201115 yr comment_45091 I still need to go back and finish Goodkind's books.That IS a must! Report
September 16, 201115 yr comment_45129 Yes. I loved the series but put it down waiting on the final books. In between I started The Wheel of Time but now I need one more book to be released to finish it. Lol it's the bane of long series. Report
November 7, 201114 yr Author comment_47730 It comes out tomorrow! I'm not quite sure I understand what Amazon is saying, but I will either get it tomorrow, or it might ship out tomorrow. I think it said I'd get it the day it released with two day shipping when I ordered it, so it may be here tomorrow, but I'm not seeing any shipping updates on Amazon. Still, I can't wait. Too bad it's out so close to all of the gaming goodness this November lol. Report
November 29, 201114 yr Author comment_48980 And done. Inheritance was a pretty good ending to the Eragon series, I enjoyed reading it. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.