August 15, 201115 yr comment_42565 Epic Games has announced that Gear of War 3 will support 3D and as a result the highly anticipated shooter has to run at a lower resolution but insists that the graphics difference is not a big deal.“It’s a little bit jaggier in certain areas. Instead of 720p you’re at five something,” said Executive Gears Producer Rob Fergusson. He further explained that the idea to make Gears of War 3 3D friendly came a bit late in the development stage.“It was something that came in really late in our process. It wasn’t something where we said, OK, we’re going to design the game from the ground up for 3D. It was more of a post-process 3D, where we’re like, OK, certain things need to be adjusted, but for the most part it generally works.”Fergusson was also loose lipped about the next Xbox technology and confirmed that the next console from Microsoft will support 3D technology like it’s rival, the Playstation 3.“As you look forward, in the next XDKs [Xbox Development Kit] coming out of the Xbox, it’ll have more support for 3D or more higher quality for native support for 3D. We’re supporting the current state of the art for Xbox. Moving forward, the Xbox will be able to take it further.”via Eurogamer Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
August 15, 201115 yr comment_42570 so it's gonna look worse than in the beta? or does it just downscale to the lower resolution when you put it in 3d mode? Report
August 16, 201115 yr comment_42629 I'm sorta interested, we do have a 3D TV but don't have the glasses otherwise I would be for this. I just hope it doesn't decrease online play when people have it on. Report
September 5, 201115 yr comment_44129 I'm sorta interested, we do have a 3D TV but don't have the glasses otherwise I would be for this. I just hope it doesn't decrease online play when people have it on.I thought they came with at least one pair of glasses?No 3D for me. I did get a new TV a couple days ago though. Report
September 5, 201115 yr comment_44152 3D is okay when done correctly. Take Up or Toy Story 3, the 3D there was so subtle you hardly noticed it until you rewatch the films in 2D. Problem in games is, they try too hard to put it front and center in your face. Report
September 5, 201115 yr comment_44169 I thought they came with at least one pair of glasses?No 3D for me. I did get a new TV a couple days ago though.Nope, sadly they didn't and shits expensive!3D is okay when done correctly. Take Up or Toy Story 3, the 3D there was so subtle you hardly noticed it until you rewatch the films in 2D. Problem in games is, they try too hard to put it front and center in your face.The cool thing about 3D is in some games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops it allowed two players to play at the same time and not need a split screen it allowed both players to see it full screen, if that makes sense. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.