Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Gamercide JTV Channel

Gamercide Stream 11 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think about Gamercide having its own Channel?

    • Good Idea!
      100%
      11
    • Bad Idea!
      0%
      0
    • No opinion.
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ok. I wanted to bring this up to everyone and see what you all thought. I think it would be a good idea to have a Gamercide stream account on JTV. The account could be ran and moderated by trusted individuals from Gamercide and then other or all members can stream to it. This can be done because the stream ID is all that's needed to stream, not the Account password.

Streamers could be given the Stream ID, and then stream to the Gamercide channel. The downside being, only one person could stream at a time. So, there would have to be some kind of schedule involved. I understand that not everyone could stick to a true schedule, but we could use it as a general guide line. We'd need a thread where streamers posted times they planned on streaming and when. This times wouldn't have to be in advanced. If the time block was open and no one was streaming you could jump on and stream, but you would need to let people know in the thread. That way others wouldn't try to stream over your stream. ( Not sure what would happen, but probably wouldn't work out well )

It sounds more complicated then what I have in my head but let me simplify it as best I can:

Person1 has put down to stream 'whatever game' at 3.30 to 5.30 EST. So, I come in and see this and the I plan to stream after Person1. So I put down 5.30 to whenever. If Person1 cancels then they would come and post to let others know. Likewise there would be an amount of time that would be deemed late and the block freed up if the stream never began. Alternatively: The schedule is free all day. I hop on, say I'm going to stream from now until whenever. I can do this, and if anyone wants to stream during this time they could simply enter chat and ask me. I really don't think the schedule would be all that big of a deal since it's unlikely we would have enough content to fill it regularly anyhow.

So, I'm curious as to what you guys think? It would be nice to have a Gamercide Channel that would cumulatively have more steady content then individual streamers and thus be able to draw more viewers. Especially if we got to the point we could have at least a few set stream times throughout the week. Also, any better ideas are welcomed. Also, would it be possible to use the forum calender for the scheduling?

  • Author

Good idea, and with an entire community of gamers we may even be able to stream just about every day.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. If we could stream often or on a regular schedule it would draw a lot more traffic to the stream and through it to Gamercide.com

You ever find out how to stream full screen?

I wouldn't stream but I'd enjoy watching y'all play. So I say do it up.

Honestly, thats a damn cool idea. People love those channels that are on a lot, with some varied "programming" what better way than a shared stream with different stuff. Cool idea.

Not with VHScreenCapture. I've looked into it and it seems it just isn't compatible with some games in full screen.

Also, I got my cable in, and it loses the stream in the process of going full screen, so I'm still fighting the full screen/pc streaming issue too.

I say go for it, also are podcasts still popular? Maybe we could set up a weekly thing to get our name out there more.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.