April 28, 201016 yr comment_6026 I just found this article, and I must say, these guys deserve a free copy of Halo: Reach or something. These 12 gamers (originally more involved, but they left) have kept Halo 2 online for the past two weeks due to a loophole in Microsoft's Live service. As long as people are online and playing Halo 2 custom games, the servers can not be completely shut down. In an effort to keep the game going for as long as possible, a group of gamers have kept their Xboxes (360s and/or Originals) on for TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT. More amazing than their dedication to Halo 2, is probably the fact that they haven't lost connection or fried their systems. I think it's safe to say that these guys will be etched in Halo history as true hardcore fans of the game.http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260513.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B4 Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6030 Wow that's insane, I was reading the Bungie forums, and apparently they got FnF codes for the Reach beta. (Friends, and Family codes). Meaning they get early access to the beta, starting tomorrow. Which is well deserved in my opinion. Report
April 29, 201016 yr Author comment_6034 Well, that's mighty nice of Bungie, but the beta is only 17 days long from what I just found out at IGN. I think flaming spartan heads for multiplayer or a copy of the game would've been cool too. If someone stayed on my game for 2 weeks straight, that would warrant a big thank you on my behalf. Still, it's nice to see that their actions haven't gone unnoticed by Bungie, and they have earned my respect as gamers for sure. Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6038 That is cool that it doesn't kick you off until you sign out. lol Report
April 29, 201016 yr comment_6058 Lol, but to use there codes and such wouldnt they have to leave halo 2, unless they just played in shifts. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.