August 9, 201115 yr comment_42131 http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=os_chrm_59?&node=2858603011Built for the web.Listen to music. Play games. Edit photos. Thanks to the Chrome Web Store, you can find apps to do anything.Stay connected.With a long-lasting battery and built in WiFi and 3G, it's easy to stay connected anytime, anywhere.Boots in 8 seconds. Resumes instantly.Chromebooks are fast — and are designed to get faster over time as they get automatically updated. Report
August 9, 201115 yr comment_42159 I would love to try this, but I don't have any reason to purchase one. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42168 Does it have a media player and a text editor? If so it will interest me. Report
August 10, 201115 yr Author comment_42171 Those are things you can download, Em. If they don't come with them already, it'd be easy to find shareware (like Notepad+) etc to put on it. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42178 It wil be interesting to see how they turn out. It might be good for the US, but in Australia at least, having an entirely web-based computer isn't a good idea. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42190 having an entirely web-based computer isn't a good idea.Why not? I understand that there is strict censorship there, does that have anything to do with it? Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42197 @Em - Nah, the censorship won't do much (although the government was hoping to but a nation wide internet filter in, but there hasn't been much talk of that lately). Over here, internet isn't up to the same standard as US (not sure how Canada is) it is often slow, expensive and has a quota. I've got 12gbs right now for $90, mainly because of were I live. If I were using the web for everything on my computer, that would disappear really fast, and I'd be stuck. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.