August 6, 201115 yr comment_41950 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29874797&postcount=1DO NOT WANT pretty much sums it up for me. Even if its something like a co-op horde mode, I would much rather them just do more work on single player, you can ALWAYS make it better. Report
August 6, 201115 yr comment_41952 I was on my way to post this, lol. This really pisses me off. I know it's more content in the game, but son of a *****, does EVERY game these days need multiplayer? It's becoming ridiculous. Especially in Mass Effect's case, it's supposed to be a fantastic singleplayer experience, and I can't help but feel some attention to the singleplayer is being taken away for multiplayer.I'll reserve judgement until I see more, I suppose. Report
August 6, 201115 yr comment_41955 Multiplayer will be reserved, as usual, for a select few people who want to rule the leaderboards. It's like that with every game that isn't truly balanced, like Gears or COD. And in balance, I'm talking about equal dishouts for both single and multi, which is why those games are the most popular. Report
August 6, 201115 yr comment_41969 This is a stupid idea. What a waste of disk space. If I want to play MP Mass Effect's controls and speed of play do not come to mind. It will look like Night of the Living Dead out there with all that shuffling around. lol. Report
August 7, 201115 yr comment_41978 hold on guys.... you know it could mean co-op multiplayer, right? Report
August 7, 201115 yr comment_41980 From Pan's link "ME3 will have MP. According to various sources, there will be a batch of 3 player co-op missions that run parallel to the main story, with each player assuming the role of a single squad mate. It seems likely that this will happen, and it'll form part of EA's Online Pass system. However devs have been known to ditch MP during development in the past, if it doesn't work..."" Report
August 7, 201115 yr comment_41986 Don't know about mp, but I really like the idea of co-op for this... Report
August 7, 201115 yr comment_41992 It's hard out here for a [single player game]But seriously, it's getting harder to justify a single player game with a gaming culture that consistently pushes multiplayer (where most of the $ is at, or so gaming excecs think). Report
August 7, 201115 yr comment_41993 I just keep thinking of the squad based tactics, if done right it'd be awesome. If not, just being co-op like spec-ops would be sweet. Report
August 8, 201115 yr comment_42075 save the disk space for game improvements not MP.....ME is fine as it is without multi. Report
August 9, 201115 yr comment_42089 save the disk space for game improvements not MP.....ME is fine as it is without multi. Easier said than done as there is much demand, and you know how pretty much all executives in any company work. Though they should look at the fact that this is their final game in the trilogy, and they shouldn't be experimenting right now. Report
August 9, 201115 yr comment_42101 In defense of including multiplayer, maybe they haven'e encountered as many bugs while making the 3rd if they're using the same ensine and what not, but what do I know... Report
August 9, 201115 yr comment_42104 also, they talked about including it in the last one, but it got cut. So maybe it isn't something tacked on at the last minute, and it'll be great. After all they did bring in Dice for consultations... Report
August 9, 201115 yr comment_42153 They should really think about what their fans want, and not the revenue and the kind of new players they will attract through multiplayer. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42186 ^Gaming is a business, so money will always be the #1 priority. Sorry. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42187 Also rmember, they're being published by EA now who I have no doubt forced Bioware to include MP in some form. Report
August 10, 201115 yr comment_42191 also, they talked about including it in the last one, but it got cut. So maybe it isn't something tacked on at the last minute, and it'll be great. After all they did bring in Dice for consultations...Dice is alright in my books.^Gaming is a business, so money will always be the #1 priority. Sorry.Lose your die hard fans to make a couple of dollars? Not cool.Also rmember, they're being published by EA now who I have no doubt forced Bioware to include MP in some form.EA and Dice? What is this, Battlefield: Mass Effect version? I don't know...For me, Mass Effect 2 was more about the story, it was so much better than the first. What about the biotics and tech stuff, you can't stop time in Multiplayer!They're going into unknown territory. I wish them the best of luck. EA and Dice have got quite the reputation to uphold, so they'd better not **** up. Report
September 4, 201115 yr comment_44095 Dice is alright in my books.Lose your die hard fans to make a couple of dollars? Not cool.EA and Dice? What is this, Battlefield: Mass Effect version? I don't know...For me, Mass Effect 2 was more about the story, it was so much better than the first. What about the biotics and tech stuff, you can't stop time in Multiplayer!They're going into unknown territory. I wish them the best of luck. EA and Dice have got quite the reputation to uphold, so they'd better not **** up.If it's just co-op missions, then that could actually be really cool and fun. I think everyone should wait until we can see some footage of it before jumping to conclusions. Report
September 4, 201115 yr comment_44099 http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307597/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-is-real-based-on-original-online-missions/Interesting last paragraph, too. "co-founder Ray Muzyka told CVG that the studio is "exploring" multiplayer for all of its games. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.