August 3, 201115 yr comment_41726 Police in Idaho Falls have told a man to stop wearing a bunny suit in public after people complained he has been frightening children.Residents in the northwestern U.S. city of 54,000 people also reported William Falkingham, 34, occasionally wears a tutu with the bunny suit, police said in a statement Tuesday.Police warned Falkingham after a woman said she saw him dressed in the costume, peeking at her young son from behind a tree and pointing his finger like a gun.While a police report said other residents were "greatly disturbed" by his activities, one neighbor defended Falkingham as eccentric but otherwise harmless.Read the rest, here.Thoughts on this? Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41731 Some peoole are.genuinely weird like that letem wear it, keep an eye on him og course but he can wear what he wants. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41732 Issue is obviously not the suit. He may be playing but he should be warned not to make odd/threatening gestures at children. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41740 Issue is obviously not the suit. He may be playing but he should be warned not to make odd/threatening gestures at children.Exactly, anytime you mix that type of eccentricity with children it's not usually a good outcome. If someone acted like this around my niece I'd be afraid of them trying to lure them somewhere, sometimes you have to be cautious. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41748 ".... peeking at her young son from behind a tree and pointing his finger like a gun...."Um..let someone try to do that to one of my kids. Broken finger. Let alone be wearing some outfit that of course will get a child's interest one way or another. I don't care if he didn't have no pervy intentions or not. He would not be wearing those outfits again. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41749 Yeah, if he was bunnyhopping and tutuing all around alone or with adults who cares. Kids? Cut it out man. For real. Report
August 3, 201115 yr Author comment_41753 Ah, but what if he's doing all this on his own property?"He's got the bunny outfit, a cowboy suit and a ballerina dress but you don't see him except where he's tripping through his backyard,"For me, if it's true he only does it on his property, my child would know not to go anywhere near the strange man who wears the costumes. Especially do not go onto his property. As far as him making gun gestures with his hand, it would be strange and un-welcomed by me, but I don't think there's anything I could do if he's on his property. I don't want anyone telling me what I can do on mine, so I'm not ready to tell anyone else what they can do on theirs. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41755 Nope, still not okay with it. As adults we can just say, "what a moron..must be something wrong with him, etc.." but when it comes to kids taking notice and causing public concern that's when there is an issue for me. In these days with kids getting abducted and going missing, it's just not okay to do that. Like I said, I'm not saying this guy has pervy intentions, but there could be someone that has pervy intentions watching this baffoon and capitalize on it when a kid gets curious about the wierdo in the tutu. Report
August 3, 201115 yr Author comment_41756 One way or the other, it's up to us as parents to make sure our children know good behavior and bad. Most crimes against children, happen from within their own family or friends. That is why it's important to discuss inappropriate behavior with our kids, by anyone. Not just the man down the street, wearing a tutu. If you go to L.A. or New York with your children, they're going to be exposed to the Naked Cowboy and various other strange people just walking around in public. I think if this strange guy was doing anything harmful in the present or in the past, this guy would already be in jail or an institution. If he's not breaking any laws, we can't go against his constitutional rights and mold it to suit our own needs. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41757 If it's HIS property.....and it breaks no laws....then I have to stick to my guns. The cops need to leave him alone. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41759 There have always been an astronomical amount of kidnappings and abductions you just hear about it more because of the net. Report
August 4, 201115 yr comment_41805 The threatening gestures is the only thing I could see wrong with the whole situation.So the man wants to wear a ******* bunny suit, who cares? That is his right, his freedom of expression, etc. I understand the whole "children lure" aspect of it, but we suspect everyoen is up to no good now a days. If it's his property, he should be allowed to do as he pleases. Report
August 4, 201115 yr comment_41821 wouldn't look so different from a dude in a bunny suit. it's a bunny suit. Report
August 4, 201115 yr comment_41839 I would give someone a reason to make me take the suit off. I'd probably chase people. Report
August 5, 201115 yr comment_41888 ...... and just when I thought this post couldn't get better Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.