Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Gray Matter coming to PC and 360

Featured Replies

GrayMatter.jpg

Gray Matter author and adventure game veteran Jane Jensen is happy to see Gray Matter coming to the Xbox 360: “With the Xbox 360 release, Gray Matter can reach a broader audience, especially people who don’t play PC games very often. I’m very excited to see Gray Matter expanding to other platforms” , she said.

Gray Matter will be the first new full-size adventure game by the famous adventure author since the release of Gabriel Knight 3. Staying true to the Jensen-style, the story interweaves gruesome incidents and supernatural events.

The Xbox 360 version of Gray Matter will be released simultaneously with the PC version in Q4 2010. The game’s control system has been adjusted to fit the console’s requirements – other than that, Gray Matter’s PC and Xbox 360 versions are absolutely identical.

I have not played any of their pc games but I like adventure gaming so I am excited for this release. Can anyone tell me if this will be any good? Has any one played gray matter or any of the other releases?

  • Author

The Gabriel Knight series was good.

Here's the intro for Gabriel Knight 3.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The graphics in that vid are a little funky. Was that the art direction? Or just an older game? Ah... looked it up myself. 1999. Got great reviews. 8's and 9's. Good. I will be playing this new one when I get over my mad...lol.

Looks alright, but adventure games can be hit or miss. If any of you haven't you should pick up and play Dreamfall. The Longest Journey is the original but Dreamfall came on the XBOX and I think it's available on 360 as a download. I know its backwards compatible. You can also download the demo at http://www.dreamfall.com/ .

I'm a pretty big fan of adventure games. Most are very underrated.

As far as point-n-click games go, I haven't played many, but I do enjoy them. Grim Fandango, Carmen Sandiego (Shut up I was a little kid at the time lol), Monkey Island, and Myst 2 were the only games I have played in that genre. I've heard many good things about Dreamfall, and plan on getting that on a disc when I find a copy around here. I have been looking for this type of game to be released on the arcade (apart from Monkey Island:SE) so it'll be interesting to see how this works with a console controller. I have high hopes for this game, thanks for the info PK. B)

I am a pretty big fan of the Gabriel Knight series of games and the novels. Great stuff! With Jensen coming back, I think it will stay true to what she has done and it should be pretty great. Hopefully we can look forward to more of her stuff getting made in to game form. This is pretty great news!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.