July 18, 201115 yr comment_40666 http://consumerist.com/2011/06/science-confirms-in-n-out-burger-is-the-best-and-mcdonalds-the-worst.htmlI like Popeyes, but Church's Chicken is easily a step above even Popeyes. Not sure if it's only in California, but that shouldn't matter. They rated In n Out (which isn't really all that great!!!). Report
July 18, 201115 yr comment_40667 We don't have an " In-N-Outs" here in Orlando , but we do have a Firehouse and those are to DIE for. Even those the cholesterol count is on the high side , Istill eat them Report
July 18, 201115 yr comment_40673 I ate In N Out burger once when I was in Cali, and I threw up a few hours after eating it. I agree with Rincon Firehouse subs is pretty boss. And Chick Fila definatly has the best service of any fast food chain. It's even the busiest place here, and the employees are always working extra hard, as for the other fast food places here I avoid them like the plague, usually with age management goes down hill so do the employees. I went to McDonald here once for lunch and all the employees were standing outside smoking a cigarette. Report
July 18, 201115 yr Author comment_40675 Living in California, we have authentic Taqueria's all over. What I don't get is, why everyone loves Chipotle. I've eaten there twice, and it's not all that great. Give me authentic any day, not some eatery with strange fixings and really loud, bad music. Seriously, you can't hear the person behind the counter, asking what you want in your food. Report
July 18, 201115 yr comment_40681 I had Church's Chicken when I lived in Indy. That was some good stuff. Have to admit I love Chick Fil-A though, and I'm a big fan of Zaxby's too. Report
July 18, 201115 yr comment_40690 I personally like In-n-Out, and usually get it when traveling into a city that has one (not often, I'm in a small town at least an hour away from anywhere major). I like the secret menu, how you can get the grilled onions and extra sauce/cheese on your fries or burger by specifying you want it animal style, or my favorite, the Neapolitan Shake, where they mix together the three flavors of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Not blended, so you could rotate your straw and get different flavors lol.They probably have the most basic menu, but there are a lot of hidden customization options.It really depends where you eat, sometimes you just end up eating at a poorly maintained outlet for a chain of any given restaurant and get a bad impression of the whole thing. Report
July 19, 201115 yr Author comment_40701 Animal style tastes like heated up mustard with unflavored mystery bits. I've eaten at a few of them, tried it once and never wanted to try it again. lol Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_40711 Is there a list? I absolutly love Chipotle (the one's near you sound really weird, PK) but there is an awesome family owned Mexican joint near me called Veracruz that is equally amazing. Five Guys is also orgasmic.I've noticed that consumers want healthier and more exotic food for a moderately more expensive price comparable to typical fast food. People I know would rather grab a burrito at Chipotle or Qdoba for $7 than get a meal at McDonald's or Burger King for $5-6. Report
July 19, 201115 yr Author comment_40718 I can get an authentic Mexican burrito for $5.50 at the local Taqueria's. It's all natural, has more meat and they have the good Jarritos. For me, Chipotle has funky beans, but their guac is pretty good. Report
July 19, 201115 yr Author comment_40722 The main Taqueria in the next town over, makes up their own Tamarindo, daily. They make one batch and it's almost always sold out by the end of their lunch rush. It looks nasty as hell, too. It's a big ass tub full of a brown liquid that looks like dirty bathwater. lol Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_40738 Whats with all the hate against In N Out, nothing like a good Double Double. We have a couple other good joints Five guys is pretty good and Apollo buger is good if you want a pastrami burger. Report
July 20, 201115 yr Author comment_40803 It's not hate. I just happen to prefer other places to In n Out. Bips, Redrum Burger, 1/4 Pound, Nations etc. All are better than In n Out in my opinion. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40812 I love in-n-out and I'd eat it over any other burger place.Popeyes is only good in New Orleans.Chipotle is over priced and not that good at all Report
July 21, 201115 yr Author comment_40817 Chipotle is over priced and not that good at allI love you.Ever try Church's chicken? Sooooo good! Report
July 25, 201115 yr comment_41235 You guys have too many fast food places. =) Over here, it's McDonalds, Hungry Jacks (Burger King) or KFC. Other than that you go somewhere fancy. Report
July 25, 201115 yr comment_41238 It all depends on where it is... the same restaurant in different places (especially different states) is NOT the same restaurant. Take Sonic for instance... in Cali it's only so-so. the don't really have the concept down too well yet, but at the one in Oklahoma I always went to, it was BOMB! The also knew what a frito pie was, and how to make both the Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper and the Ocean Water Moutain Dew Strawberry Limeade. So The best chicken place in socal in my opinion would be Juan Pollo, where in the South It'd be KFC... where they still (last time I checked) made biscuits from scratch. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.