June 30, 201115 yr comment_39804 So, the new Transformers has the year's highest grossing opening day, but compared to the previous film it didn't even come close. The current flick is 38th ($37.3 million) on the list of highest grossing films for a release day while the second is 4th all time ($62 million). So, my question is whether or not this performance at the box office is a reflection of what I've determined to be one of three factors: people dissatisfied with the second movie, no Megan Fox, bad year for the movies. Pick which one you think best explains the situation.PS: I realize that the weekend hasn't come yet so maybe that will make up for it.SOURCES:http://www.imdb.com/news/ni12305335/http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/ Report
June 30, 201115 yr comment_39835 Guy from work liked it, but I am a little on the fence because of the second one. Report
June 30, 201115 yr comment_39855 I'd maybe see it, but just for the awesome special effects on the robots (not even the explosions). Regardless of the fact that the plot is atrocious in the movies (though 1 was at least halfway decent before 2 became a total sh*tfest of stupidity), they are pretty good eye candy.The first was an alright movie. The second just blew. I mean, in one part there's this ancient artifact that Sam needs to use to revive Optimus, but it crumbles into dust. So he does the obvious thing and puts the dust into his SOCK and takes it with him. He then pours the sock dust into Optimus' core and it revives him. So the world was saved by f***ing sock dust. LOLActually, I'd probably go see it just to see if they can top the stupidity of the second movie lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.