May 31, 201115 yr comment_38260 Gamespot Article 1Gamespot Article 2Don't like this trend at all. For a business man this sounds amazing but as a gamer this sounds terrible. A monthly fee to get access to basically stats? You get the DLC maps but to pay a monthly fee to have access to those things does not compute for me. Expand my circle of friends? I thought that was what I was paying Xbox Live for.....They say the online will be free to play still. I am not a huge Call of Duty fan or anything but how long before this and more games start charging monthly access fees just to play online with the game?Plain and simple, count me out. New game cost + Xbox Live Fees + New Game Monthly Charge + Other possible DLC = EXPENSIVE!/discuss Report
May 31, 201115 yr comment_38265 Could very well make the decision between buy and rent for me. Report
May 31, 201115 yr Author comment_38267 Could very well make the decision between buy and rent for me.No doubt. The good news is for MW3 the online will still be free like it always was. The problem is if this Elite is successful I am thinking that in future games the online multiplayer could very well be part of Elite making people pay for monthly access to play.The DLC maps will be part of Elite. Monthly fee to access the DLC? No way. Heck, I never bought any of the maps for their other games since the packs were $15 each. I honestly don't see this being successful. Report
May 31, 201115 yr Author comment_38268 Whats funny is Battlefield and Halo have already made something similar and offer it for what appears to be free!!http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/globalstatshttp://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/online.aspx Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.