May 26, 201115 yr comment_37994 Joystiq claims that they discovered that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier may be Kinect enabled.Joystiq is claiming that an image appeared late lastnight on Xbox.com that showed the cover of the game sporting a “Better With Kinect Sensor” purple logo. That image has since been taken down and replaced with regular looking cover art. If you pay attention to the differences in both covers you will see that Ubisoft logo has also been moved and both versions of the cover are extremely different.What do you think Ghost Recon fans? Would a Kinect enabled experience enhance or destroy your gaming experience with Future Soldier?via JoystiqView the full article Report
May 26, 201115 yr comment_37996 If it's voice commands, it's about time. Been waiting for that feature to leak into games. Especially in FPS shooters. It'd make sense with that slogan, too. Better with Kinect. Instead of a button/d-pad combo, just say a word or two to have the same thing done. Wouldn't even have to break stride in whatever you were doing. Report
May 26, 201115 yr comment_38001 I'm on the fence about this and I hope that Ubisoft has something at E3 to showcase.I would love to see the Kinect used in FPS's with voice commands like you mentioned PK, however if they intend on using full blown Kinect like with using your body then no. I want to be able to see what I am playing and enjoy the story and I think a fully enabled Kinect version of Ghost Recon would take away from that especially if the sensor would not pick up body movements properly. Report
May 26, 201115 yr comment_38005 Unless it's an on rails shooter, I don't see how an fully enabled Kinect FPS would work. I got to give Ubisoft some credit here. I doubt they'd try such a boneheaded thing. Report
May 26, 201115 yr comment_38037 Why would you have to have Kinect for voice commands? That should have been used better a long time ago. Report
May 26, 201115 yr comment_38042 @PKI believe they already had voice commands in 2 and *maybe* in the AW games. My guess is maybe it's used for leaning, which is kinda annoying to do with a controller. Report
May 27, 201115 yr comment_38061 The Kinect doo-dad is good at voice support. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dz47H3WDGQThere've been voice commands in games for a long time. My son had a voice controlled Pokemon game for N64, but it was terrible. With Kinect, it's going to be better. Call it a feeling. Report
May 27, 201115 yr comment_38101 The software may be better but there are some high quality mics out there. Not saying the Kinect is bad, but I'd be pretty pissed if it was a requirement for a game just because of voice OR if you couldn't use voice commands without it. Report
May 27, 201115 yr comment_38104 I think if it is voice commands, it's just an option (Better with Kinect). Probably would have a d-pad controller input for the same commands. Much like Front Mission Evolved I think it was.*edit* Checked, and it wasn't Front Mission Evolved that I was talking about. Can't remember the game's name, but it was a military game and had quick keys for squad movements. Report
May 30, 201115 yr comment_38219 Maybe your thinking of ChromeHounds? You could give orders in that with the d-pad, usually along the lines of move to/enemy at/attack/defend, then a the number from the map, which was broken up into grids.Anyway, even with some better to pic up your voice, I just don't see the AI working with it so well. The AI in the AW games was just awful and annoying to control. Not to mention the GR games have always had a certain clunkyness to them with just moving, so I could see them getting stuck on geometry a lot. Report
May 30, 201115 yr comment_38221 Naw, it was a shooter that either was intentionally made to train US troops, or ended up being used to train them. It was an Obox title. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.