May 18, 201115 yr comment_37566 Microsoft released a statement earlier about how they plan on making sure that Xbox 360 users who have been affected by the new dashboard update still get to play the games that they love and it involves a new console.The new mandatory update has not been compatible with some older models of the Xbox 360 when it comes to the new disc format and Microsoft has announced that they will be replacing those consoles for free with a new Xbox 360 Model S and a 250 GB hard drive.If you are finding yourself having an issue with reading retail copies of your games after applying the update, Microsoft has said to get in contact with support immediately. If you are planning on scheming Microsoft and just trying to get a new console, do not bother. Microsoft will be verifying your console to ensure that is one of the models that has been affected. Microsoft has also said that they “we are also able to detect this issue over Xbox Live and are proactively reaching out to customers that may be impacted to replace their console.”via Eurogamer Tweet This PostView the full article Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_37574 Lol I could use a newer console now that it looks and sounds so old and clunky next to my shiny (well, matte) PS3. But alas most of my games seem to be working fine. When was the update released, because I don't remember updating for a while, and I've been online somewhat recently, and checked today and nothing. Are there certain games affected more than others? Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_37576 I wonder if they're talking about the beta update that included Halo: Reach. Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_37579 When I googled this to check it out, the update is suppose to start releasing tomorrow (the 19th) to everybody and Avatar Kinect May 27.http://www.easyxbox3...read.php?t=2485 I haven't had a problem from the beta, however I have a newer console...Halo Reach console. Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_37585 Well then here's to morbidly hoping my Xbox dies (or in this case has disc read errors) so it can go all phoenix and come back even better like last year when I was hoping for a RRoD to get my console repaired free before the end of the warranty period lol. Report
May 18, 201115 yr comment_37592 Mine flipped out last night. I was playing Borderlands when I got a popup notification saying I was offline. I tried to go back online, and my game went to title screen. Pissed me off, since I had just finished a mission, and would have to do it over again. Anyways, I tried to log back onto LIVE, and it wouldn't let me. Asked if I wanted to perform a network test, and I passed. Instead, I tried to connect again, and just got the same popup. A few big sighs later, I jumped on the laptop to see if Twitter was alive with news. Nothing. I looked at my friends list via the website, and it didn't look like others were knocked offline. So, I hesitantly did the network test, just knowing it'd error and it'd ask me to cycle my modem/router. Nope! All tests went through fine. Then I noticed a "Status" option mapped to the Y button. I pressed Y and got an error code. No description of what happened, or anything.So... what happened? Was it on their end or mine? I couldn't connect back to LIVE, without running that stupid network test. But once I did, I was able to log in fine? Makes little sense. Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_37640 "Clarification time! The console replacement plan that is the subject of some of today’s headlines is related to a previous update, NOT the system update that has been in public beta and will be deployed shortly. The new disc format that is part of the beta has been rigorously tested across all Xbox 360 models and there are no known compatibility issues. Hope that clears a few things up." Major Nelson Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.