May 7, 201115 yr comment_36854 Where do I place my faith, in a world in such despair.I'm left in a spinning circle, with nowhere to go.I wish to keep in touch with a life left without repair.I can only keep moving on, with comfort in what I know.Life will lead me out, just as it led me in.I can only guess the outcome, and never know the end.I'll make it through the struggle that started from within.I don't know where I'm going, but have the knowledge of where I've been.I feel the pull of temptation, and I can't help but to relent.The mistakes I've made today I will pay for with regret.I can only hope my salvation lies in my ability to repent.Though, life is a hard road, I know my path is never set.To the end of it all I will travel, with searching eyes.And only at the last moment of it all will I say my goodbyes. Report
May 7, 201115 yr comment_36862 Very good man. Lots of emotion in it. Keep writing, you've got some talent. Report
May 27, 201115 yr Author comment_38120 Quietly into forever I gaze.Left with nothing but shame for all I've done wrong.Nothing can correct my past mistakes.And nothing will ever leave me whole.My only shining light is the one that I love.And I can only hope her wings are enough to carry,the weight of my tormented soul to heaven.Heaven that waits so patiently above. Report
May 28, 201115 yr Author comment_38134 I did play a bard in Everquest back in the day. With little poem tidbits that where in with the spell/song macros. Lol Report
June 9, 201115 yr Author comment_38751 Forgetting that forever is just a dream,we are quickly awoken by the reality of death.We cannot hide from the cold fingers of the earth,and can only return from that which we came.However, we can cling to the hope that is life.Embracing all we have and remembering what is lost.It is our choice alone to decide how we live,and a judge of character in how much we give. Report
December 3, 201114 yr Author comment_49257 Without question I follow her each day.She is what drives me and what makes me stay.Without her I am but a passing glance.A blip on this earth, but shadow and chance.I become lost in her gaze,And i am stuck on her smile.She changed me from such wretched ways.But I can only have her for such a short while.Life does not offer me enough time.So I am left with nothing but hope.Hope that a simple rhyme,Will resonate through the ages, And forever keep her mine. Report
December 3, 201114 yr Author comment_49258 I'm lost in such a crushing sadness.I have reverted into my own shell.The feeling that overwhelms me is madness, and I fear I am spiraling into the depths of hell.What release is there from this torment!?What comfort is there in this life?With a simple glance I know what is meant,she is the one I love, the one I made my wife.In her I find my comfort, and my solace and my life.But without her I am undefinedLeft with nothing but my strife.I need to be strong for all her needs,but I fear for this worlds greed.Is it truly possible to love?With such weight bearing down from above? Report
December 3, 201114 yr Author comment_49261 Thanks for looking Em. I don't mind if you don't like it. Poetry tends to have that love/hate effect. Report
December 3, 201114 yr comment_49262 There's one thing about life, and that is that nothing is constant. One day you will hate something you actually need to survive the next day. Maybe somebody needs your poetry to survive, and that may be the reason you wrote it. Who knows. Report
July 26, 201214 yr Author comment_60751 I'm just a person in a world full of people.But I'm lost in the crowd.I once believed in a higher power in a steeple,but now I am not so simply wowed.I'm left to depend on only myself,but there are others to help me outI live tormented without moral wealth,and only can live in self doubt.I fail her with every passing day,but without her I will truly lose my way. Report
August 19, 201214 yr Author comment_62263 I'm left with another promise of a better day,But the truth of reality lies in my way.Friends keep me from crashing on the shore,and she keeps me from leaping out the door. Report
August 19, 201214 yr comment_62333 I find stuff like that all the time.I had to do a project in my junior English class. It was "to take our favorite poem and rewrite it"I nearly failed because they didn't think I had rewritten what I had.I'll find it and post i Report
August 20, 201214 yr comment_62428 My mom said she recently found something I wrote like 15 years ago... don't remember it, but she said it'll be here in the mail soon. Love finding old stuff like that. Report
October 25, 201213 yr Author comment_65067 I am so entirely lost.How long must I continue to try?What do the toils of life cost?How long must I ask why?In my mind I see the end.But I never know where to begin. Report
November 30, 201213 yr Author comment_66520 How can I be so happy?When I feel so guilty?I'm torn between all I've ever wanted,And all I'll ever be. Report
December 1, 201213 yr Author comment_66562 Ashes are all that are left in my hand,as tears flow down my face.What would this world demand?I can't figure out the lines to trace.I am left with the feeling of remorse,but deep down I really know the source.I have lost my ability to feel,and I fear I don't know what is real. Report
December 3, 201213 yr comment_66598 A haiku.My malediction:I'm addicted to fiction.Explore other worlds. Report
December 3, 201213 yr Author comment_66604 Lost in nothing, I am found by everyone.Look to your right and left.Do you see someone you love? Anyone?Does the feeling leave you feeling bereft?Hopefully it leaves you feeling braver.Because we only have one life to waiver.Give it your best and enjoy what you can.Don't give your soul over to the damned.Love with all your might.And always put up a fight. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.