Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Billings Best Buy employee loses job for stopping store theft

Featured Replies

just because of society, he could be sued, alog with best buy. on a personal level, i disagree with firing him. from a corporate standpoint, right or wrong, it makes sense. sad comment on society really. the wrong are always right. reminds me of the walmart employees who got fired for taking a gun from an armed man robbing them.

  • Author

I think the manager should get a few weeks unpaid leave, for making that announcement over the store's loudspeakers. Sounds like it was a call for help. Otherwise, he could have just called the cops and let them deal with the thief. Instead, this guy hears that and his instincts kick in.

I don't blame him at all. No blemishes in his 3+ years in employment there. Takes them a month to tell him he's fired, and he had to go after them to get that final word.

just because of society, he could be sued, alog with best buy. on a personal level, i disagree with firing him. from a corporate standpoint, right or wrong, it makes sense. sad comment on society really. the wrong are always right. reminds me of the walmart employees who got fired for taking a gun from an armed man robbing them.

QFT

In today's society people are discouraged to take matters into their own hands. For example, people are taught to scream "Call the police!" instead of "Help!" if they're being physically or sexually assaulted. I used to work at an amusement park and I'm fairly certain that I would have been terminated had I tackled someone who had stolen something (they would have told me to "call security"). Because the corporation is now liable, which is preposterous, they must cut ties with the employee to avoid damages.

tl;dr I agree with MWB

Also- everybody knows when hired. Do not do anything "physical" with suspected thieves. It's drilled into them when hired.

What a crock of sh**. Firing an employee for stopping the store being robbed is the most retarded thing, I think I've ever heard.

Reminds me of a girl I know who worked in a bookies for 5 years and had risen to managing the store. She was short 50 Euro on her takings after counting and reported it as per procedure. They then counted her takings and found out she wasn't short and fired her for reporting she was short when she wasn't.

No warnings or anything. The girl was in charge of bringing the takings for the day for the entire store to the main office each day as well so its not like they thought she couldn't be trusted with large sums of money.

Sometimes, these stores make no sense whatsoever. In this case, they should have cautioned the employee and moved him to another store IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.