April 29, 201115 yr comment_36016 http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Protocol-Xbox-360/dp/B001D25M1Q/ref=pd_sim_vg_2Seriously. $12. Go buy it now. It's an awesome effing game despite the poor reviews. I'm so sad that they didn't/won't make a sequel. They give us a sequel to Kane & Lynch and NOT this game? Travesty I tell you. TRAVESTY!P.S. Steven Heck is one of the best and funniest NPCs EVER. Just don't call him Steve. Report
April 29, 201115 yr comment_36020 I'm....debating. One one hand it sounds interesting, on the other, I've heard the actual shooting is like Mass Effect one, and I HATE that game with a passion..... Report
April 29, 201115 yr Author comment_36021 It's kind of Mass Effect-ish. I just really, really enjoyed the game for the story and the characters. The RPG progression of it is cool too. You're not just some superspy soldier dude in the beginning of the game and can destroy everything. You have to level up and actually get better with weapons before your accuracy improves. Plus, it's definitely good for multiple playthroughs. Lots of branching story and characters plus different ways to play (full out aggressive, stealth, etc). In my opinion it's 100% worth twelve bucks. Report
April 29, 201115 yr Author comment_36023 Well "I" enjoyed it. It's a decent action/rpg/shooter. It has character progression. Multiple playthroughs and funny characters. If Steven Heck doesn't make you laugh then I'd be surprised. I'm not saying it's perfect. It definitely has some quirks and bugs and takes some getting used to but it's fun for sure. Report
April 29, 201115 yr comment_36031 If it was on Steam I'd probably consider it. It is slightly cheaper on PC than consoles, but it's GFWL (which I hate) and isn't offered through Amazon's direct download service, so it'd be $15 (after shipping) and have to ship.Lol I wish I'd have waited on getting The Witcher on that Amazon service since it came out on the same discount again on Steam later on, and I still haven't even played it, so I wouldn't have to mess with that funky Amazon service.But I don't know, that's a slight maybe for me, I'd have to look into it some more. How long does the deal last, just today? Report
April 29, 201115 yr comment_36032 It's sooooo funny you mentioned this!! I just bought it last week off amazon for $12 and thought of making a post just like this lol. I actually used some of my $20 promotional credit towards this from buying portal 2 from amazon so I got this for free.I wanted to get this last year when it came out but passed cause of the reviews. Glad I did for the price I got this at. I started playing it and I am having a good time with this game. Like CoyandChris says its not perfect but its damn fun. That and I love western RPGs. It definitely has a Mass Effect-ish type of feel in terms of the way it plays. The graphics are not amazing or anything but are good enough. It's all about the gameplay and RPG progression for me. I think they slammed this game a little too much in the reviews.I support this thread 100%. $12 bucks is a steal. Report
April 29, 201115 yr comment_36034 You can't always trust the reviews. I'm playing Arcania: Gothic IV right now and have heard nothing but bad things about it, but am really enjoying it myself. Even I'm slightly biased when I do reviews, it's unavoidable. But for the people that review for major sites and have to do several games in a short period, it's like they don't take the time to enjoy what's good about a game, judging it by the high standards set by all the AAA releases they play. Report
April 29, 201115 yr Author comment_36042 You can't always trust the reviews. I'm playing Arcania: Gothic IV right now and have heard nothing but bad things about it, but am really enjoying it myself. Even I'm slightly biased when I do reviews, it's unavoidable. But for the people that review for major sites and have to do several games in a short period, it's like they don't take the time to enjoy what's good about a game, judging it by the high standards set by all the AAA releases they play.*coughs* DEADLY PREMONITION *coughs* Report
April 29, 201115 yr comment_36069 You can't always trust the reviews. I'm playing Arcania: Gothic IV right now and have heard nothing but bad things about it, but am really enjoying it myself. Even I'm slightly biased when I do reviews, it's unavoidable. But for the people that review for major sites and have to do several games in a short period, it's like they don't take the time to enjoy what's good about a game, judging it by the high standards set by all the AAA releases they play.I hear you. I don't trust reviews always its just that first day users/buyers of the game were bagging it to. I should not always trust them either haha. I think this one was a good one to wait on though. I knew this one would go down in price as well so the wait payed off. I love getting a good deal Report
April 30, 201115 yr comment_36097 After watching some gameplay and reviews, I just ordered it too (PC version). IGN and Gamespot hated it, Zeitgeist loved it, and Angry Joe made a funny video about how bad it was lol.Even if the AI sucks, I think it will be fun to play since I'll most likely stream it, so there will be some funny moments to be had. Story is one of the main things I look for in games tbh, so I'll probably enjoy it. Report
April 30, 201115 yr Author comment_36104 Just a word of advice when you play, and you can do anything you want really, but I suggest when you make your character go with the complete rookie dude with NO training whatsoever. LOL Makes it tougher and more interesting. Report
April 30, 201115 yr comment_36110 For 12 bucks, it was hard to pass up. I look forward to playing it... Report
May 1, 201115 yr comment_36181 Another game I've had sitting in my collection for a while now. I'll play it one day. Report
May 1, 201115 yr comment_36189 Another game I've had sitting in my collection for a while now. I'll play it one day.same here. Got it on steam when it as on sale. Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_36355 Well, Chris was right, just finished up the Saudi Arabia stuff and really liking it so far. Report
May 5, 201115 yr comment_36658 I am having more fun with this game than Dragon Age 2 lol. I got bored of it and can't stop playing this. I will finish both eventually though. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36744 I know i'll get crucified for this, but this game is waaaaay better than Mass Effect 1. Report
May 6, 201115 yr comment_36768 I know i'll get crucified for this, but this game is waaaaay better than Mass Effect 1.Interesting comment. The problem with Mass Effect 1 is that it started soo damn slow. The intro to the game was great but it was not until I got off the Citadel that I really felt like the game was improving. I will be honest and say on my first play through ever I had to force myself to keep playing because I just knew it would get better once the Citadel was done. That and the inventory system was just terrible. I like having inventory but ME1 needed some work on that. That said, I felt like the game constantly improved all the way to the end which in my opinion was awesome. I knew I would have to fight Saren but was not expecting him to be what he was. Once I finished the game and thought about the story I was hooked.Alpha Protocol on the other hand is great so far. I like the pacing and I feel like an agent/spy which is fun. I am done with Saudia Arabia and almost done with Moscow. I have never felt so far like I was forcing myself to play any section of the game. I will see how the story twists and turns and how it ends but as of right now it would be hard for me to agree with your statement. I am open minded so we will see. Fun game so far.I have a feeling that Mass Effect in the end will still be my winner. It just has more to offer in terms of story and universe in my opinion. The voice acting is much better in Mass Effect which allows more immersion for me. I liked the pause and plan then attack gameplay in ME and lets not forget having a party. Min/Maxing gear and deciding who to pick for a mission was fun. It's all personal preference though. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.