April 27, 201115 yr comment_35747 Sony revealed plans to release two new tablets at a press event in Tokyo today. The two new Android 3.0, currently codenamed the S1 and S2 will allow the systems to run certified PS1 titles and be 3G and 4G compatible depending on the model you buy. The S1 will also include infrared technology, which will allow the tablet to act as a remote for Sony Bravia devices. The S2 will have two 5.5 inch displays and both are set for a fall release. If not for the fact this was a Google product, I'd say we have another failed Sony handheld. But, this looks to be a decent enough addition to an already stellar product and app lineup. Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35754 I was thinking the same thing, but can't the PSP play some PS1 games already? Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35756 I don't really know, yo! If it does, I guess it's cool, and it could be common knowledge, but I sure as hell didn't know it. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35764 Yes yes yes. The PSP plays a LOT of PS1 titles perfectly great. Not only can you download a crapload of them direct from the PSN (when PSN actually is WORKING and ONLINE and not STEALING YOUR IDENTITY), but you can also kind of jailbreak your PSP to use emulators and homebrew (I do not condone piracy).Matter of fact, I was playing FF8 on my PSP not too long ago and played through all of the original Metal Gear Solid again. Yum!! Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35766 I'm not sure, but either way this seems pretty cool. I've passed on the Ipad thus far, but I need something better than a phone and more functional than a laptop for work. So, I might look into getting one of these when they do come out. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35767 Yep, the PSP great as a handheld emulator. The problem with PS1 games is that there is no right analog stick, so some of the later games that use it, like Ape Escape, would be pretty hard to play. But most games don't use it, so it's fine. There's also no L2 or R2, but they are mapped to the D-Pad, left and right buttons for the respective shoulder button, and either down or up being used to emulate pressing both at the same time. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35796 OOOOOOO...Let me get out my credit card and pick up some apps for my new tablet! Wait...maybe not. lol. Great timing. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35798 ps1? really? the downloadable psp arcade games look and play better than ps1 games. what a waste. it's a niche market. pointless on a tablet operating android made by sony in my opinion. Report
April 28, 201115 yr comment_35827 I'm trying to get my hands on a Transformer. With a name like that the device has to be kewl . Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.