Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

EA Online Pass BULLSH*T

Featured Replies

So I have two Xboxes. I bought Bulletstorm Epic Edition and my wife is using the big TV to watch movies. So I thought, no biggie, I'll use the 27" LED LCD PC Monitor that the other system is hooked up to.

Threw in my copy of Bulletstorm and went to try to play. Nope. Not going to happen. I get prompted to purchase another Online Pass. So I look in the download list, and nope, can't re-download/activate it. Put in my code again. "Invalid".

Apparently you cannot play on more than one console EVEN IF IT'S THE SAME F*CKING GAMERTAG. Gah. I blamming hate EA and this crap. I read through the EA Online Pass card's disclosure about 20 times now and NO WHERE does it say it's limited to one console, only limited to "one Xbox Live Gold Account".

  • Author

It's NOT a mistake. It will NOT let me play on my second console. I'm going to contact EA directly about this on Monday. There is nothing I can do about it right now except be incredibly angry about it. I bought a brand new game, have the legit code, and I'm not allowed to use it on BOTH consoles that I OWN?

Blam you EA. Blam you in the blamming blam!

  • Author

Here is the exact wording from the card. I know exactly what they'll say to me, but it's still pretty blamming vague in the first place:

This code also gives you access to your Epic Edition content* including an additional leash color, new skins, a 25,000 multiplayer experience point head start, and access to the Gears of War 3 Beta** once the Beta period begins.

**GEARS OF WAR 3 MULTIPLAYER BETA ACCESS INCLUDED. LIMITED TIME BETA PERIOD. SEE WWW.GEARSOFWAR.COM FOR COMPLETE DETAILS AND AVAILABILITY. BETA OFFERED BY MICROSOFT. XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP AND XBOX 360 HARD DRIVE REQUIRED. BETA ACCESS REQUIRES THE SINGLE USE SERIAL CODE ENCLOSED WITH NEW, FULL RETAIL PURCHASE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED.

*ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES AND/OR SERVICES REQUIRES AND XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT, ONLINE PASS CONTENT AND EPIC EDITION CONTENT REQUIRE REGISTRATIONS WITH THE SINGLE-USE SERIAL CODE ENCLOSED WITH NEW, FULL RETAIL PURCHASE. REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE PASS CONTENT, AND EPIC EDITION CONTENT IS LIMITED TO ONE XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED. ADDITIONAL SERIAL CODES FOR ONLINE PASS CONTENT AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. ADDITIONAL SERIAL CODES FOR PURCHASE DO NOT INCLUDE BETA ACCESS OR OTHER EPIC EDITION CONTENT.

Ok. Read that a few times. It says it's limited to one Xbox Live Gold ACCOUNT, meaning ME, CoyAndChris. My Gamertag. No where does it say SYSTEM or CONSOLE. it's blamming BULLSH*T. I'm going to rip EA a new one on Monday or Tuesday and write up an article I think about my experience. This is blamming blam. I'm so blammed off.

  • Author

AudaciousKevin is a genius. Granted, it's a STUPID workaround, but it worked!

Basically I had to turn on the console I input the code on and navigate to the Memory section and find Bulletstorm. Inside the Bulletstorm folder there was that tiny 64kb file that unlocked for Bulletstorm Epic Edition, so I just copied that onto my USB stick I keep my profile on. Then I copied it over to the new console also and it worked. So I guess it's not "transferable" automatically but using the workaround was acceptable I suppose. Still stupid though.

Thanks Kev!

lol it's not a workaround, you just need that file to tell the game that you have access to the content like any other preorder bonus, since it's not stored on your gamertag. Other than the packaging and disc label I don't think that Epic Edition is any different from standard, they just include the download codes for the extra content with them.

U mad bro? :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.