April 1, 201115 yr comment_33880 If you have experienced the underrated and very innovative first person shooter meets portal and gravity manipulator then you know that the gameplay from Prey rests heavily on making portals to transport the main character Tommy to and from areas in the game. Human Head Studios has announced that the portals and gravity manipulation will not be making their return in Prey 2.The announcement came from lead designer Chris Reinhart as he spoke to PSM3.“We explored a lot of the ways you could use portals and gravity in combat, and I really wanted to shift away from making it too much of a puzzle game. Portals and gravity were the functions of The Sphere [the mothership in the original game]. And The Sphere’s gone.”Unfortunately for Human Head Studios their decision to remove a core part of the Prey series might not sit so well with fans of the series who are waiting to get their hands on Prey 2 next year and have praised Human Head Studios for taking a step out of the norm.via Beef Jack Tweet This PostView the full article Report
April 1, 201115 yr comment_33883 No Tommy and no portals or gravity manipulation? WHAT MAKES THIS PREY?!? Report
April 1, 201115 yr comment_33886 No Tommy and no portals or gravity manipulation? WHAT MAKES THIS PREY?!?Don't worry dude. It has "shadow-sneaking". LoL Report
April 1, 201115 yr comment_33889 so everything that set Prey apart from every other game they take out? .. Good call guys! Report
April 1, 201115 yr comment_33894 Prey became every other shooter....somewhat military looking character and first person action. The portals and gravity manipulation set it apart from the others and why I loved playing every minute of it. Report
April 2, 201115 yr comment_33923 On second thought there could be a possible saving grace for me with this game. That's if Tommy and Killian stories somehow merge since Killian's story it taking place during Tommy's. That would be kind of nifty. Report
April 2, 201115 yr comment_33942 No Tommy and no portals or gravity manipulation? WHAT MAKES THIS PREY?!?I'm with PK, this is crap.! I loved the first game and if I see just another shooter in the first release trailer, I'll pass. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.