Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Crysis 2

Featured Replies

So who is getting it?? I was not overly impressed with the multiplayer demo when I tried it way back when but since then I have been seeing more about the game. I am considering it now. Homefront was a bust for me and I did not buy it because I got to try it at a friends and was unimpressed. I have that FPS itch again but am tired of the same old COD war shooters minus battlefield 2 because of the destruction part.

I think the biggest draw to this game for me might be the science fiction angle to it. A bit like halo but the idea of the suit and the different upgrades sounds cool. I hear the focus for this game was more towards the single player. I am thinking of giving it a chance.

I was going to try the demo on PC to see how well it runs since I can run Crysis and Crysis Warhead on maximum settings, but I quit out before trying it when I saw that it was multiplayer only and I had to register to try it. LAME.

I'll probably end up with it somewhere down the road. Mostly for single player. It will be fun just to play or to goof off in with mods and cheats if nothing else.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts... lol

  • Author

I took the plunge and loving it so far. Good first impressions. The focus of this game defiantly feels like the single player. The game is lovely to look at, all the guns feel good that I have fired and the suit is just cool. I like how you can quickly upgrade things. The campaign seems more open, and from what I can tell there are alternate routes you can go to get through. They call it tactical options. Cool Cool, I love choices :)

This game feels like a must have for you Halo/ Sci-fi shooter fans. I will update if my impressions change while I progress.

  • Author

I should also add that I mentioned Halo because I can't think of anything else to compare this to. To be honest this game is completely different in its own way. Finally a FPS that feels new to me. You want to stealth kill? Guns blazing? Tactical? Or simply just mix it up in your own way? You can play the game how you want. This game feels big because you are not restricted like in Halo or COD where you just walk straight and fight enemies and rinse and repeat. It is overwhelming at first because for so long all these games have been the same to me, you walk an exact set path, no thinking just shooting. Not here so far. At first I was like which way do I go?? lol

There is also a very slight RPGish feeling to how you upgrade your suit. You can only equip so many upgrades but it is good to have them all for different situations. You can easily swap them out on the fly. Same thing with guns. You can swap out different things on them. Add a silencer on the fly or switch out the sight. Each with there own advantages

I think I am pretty excited about this game because after playing the Demo I was not going to get it. I did anyways and it has surprised me. Granted it was a MP demo only but still.

  • 3 weeks later...

I love this game man. Just bought it recently , It's kind of like a mixed version of Halo & Killzone. But It's worth getting. Espicially the Single Player.

I highly recommend this game to everyone, especially the COD fans who are sick of all the glitchers. The single player is great too, it's just an all around fresh take on the genre. One of the best games I've played in sometime.

Playing this now. Campaign is pretty fun so far. I'll have more as I progress.

Yeah, it's a shooter. I'd still say it is well worth your time. I enjoyed it immensely. The graphics rock! The game play while not new, felt new and inventive. Give this game a look-see. I think you'll be surprised at how much fun you are having. *waiting for Crysis 3*.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.