Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Anti-Virus Software?

Featured Replies

So I just got a new laptop, a Sony Vaio, if anyone is interested, and I need some anti-virus software. I know there are some great free ones out there, I just don't know what they are. My mom wants me to install Norton (Ugh...) but I'm not gonna cause in my past experiences, it slows down my PC and it's not all that great. SO, what are some good anti-virus programs?

lol I use Norton and it does full system scans and disk optimizations all day, even while I play games, and it doesn't slow it down much at all. I love having a powerful computer. :D

Also it makes my bed and makes sandwiches for me and cuts the lawn. Norton is beast. XD

...yeah it is a resource hog if you don't have an uber PC because it does do a lot of stuff. I had been using AVG Free edition on my old laptop for a while and I agree that it's a pretty good antivirus for free.

I use Norton, but since my computer is a beast... It really doesn't get in the way.

For a low profile, yet powerful antivirus, I would say AVG.

I'd recommend AVG free. I've used it for years and as long as you practice safe browsing, it'll keep you protected.

Microsoft Security Essentials if you're normally pretty safe. It's not the 100% best, but it works well and integrates with Window's Defender or whatever it's called.

  • 3 weeks later...

Normally I'd totally agree with the panda bear on this one... as I use those in conjunction with CCleaner, but from what Maximum PC says, Norton has really gone to great ends to change it's image and it was one of their two highest rated anti virus softwares in their april edition shootout.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.