March 12, 201115 yr comment_32724 First off, I fought with myself on where to post this. General chat? Naw, not important enough. Gadgets? Naw, this isn't actually about gadgets, is it, David? Putting it here with all the other comical videos. Seems right.I give you, David Jaffe. He's talking about kicking ass to people he's never seen, while on the phone. But lo and behold, he mentions it was a woman he was speaking to. Go get you some, Jaffe. I love this. Please do more videos. Report
March 12, 201115 yr Author comment_32726 "I still love my Apples, I still love my products, and I will still get an iPad 2. [mumble] I'm not gonna say [mumble] -- I'm not gonna get an iPad." (from YouTube video above) Report
March 12, 201115 yr Author comment_32727 Listen to his video, and realize what he is asking of this clerk who picked up the phone. Fact is, all merchandise has a SKU. In order to determine if there's stock on hand, you need the SKU for the product, and you need access to that database that controls and tracks stock. That can be a front counter computer, or even the little electronic guns you sometimes see employees walking around with. The front office and even management, will likely never openly share inventory with you, especially during a huge release of one major product. If they turned away people via the phone, they'd get in trouble. Think beyond yourself, Jaffe. If you come down to the store and you aren't able to pick up your precious iPad 2, they at least want the chance to sell or order you something from within their own store. It's called business. Report
March 12, 201115 yr Author comment_32729 tl;dr?"But you're a fucking person, who fucking rings up the mother fucking iPad, cocksucker.""I'm a fan of kicking your mother fucking ass. That's the kind of fan I am.""This patronizing mother fucker. You know what she says to me?"There ya go. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_32735 Wow. Can't believe I actually watched that entire thing. What an idiot. Who the hell rants and raves and makes there point by STILL buying the product! Yes, you made a great point! For that matter, he never said what they did. lol. He just ranted and raved without ever really saying what was said to him. Report
March 13, 201115 yr comment_32756 I listened to it and I might not be understanding but I can't tell what the customer service person did to set him off. Report
March 13, 201115 yr Author comment_32760 She didn't tell him if it was worth it for him to drive down to the store or not. She doesn't know the inventory. It's not a question she could have answered for him. Can you imagine if she guessed, said yes, it's worth your time to drive down here... and they didn't have one to sell him? Would have been way worse. Report
March 14, 201115 yr comment_32798 Oh I see. That's fair enough that she didn't tell him. He should have just gone down there if he wants an ipad so bad. Report
March 14, 201115 yr comment_32868 Jaffe is a fucking prick and the John Romero of our time. He had VERY little to do with the first God of War but got his name on it and basically abandoned the series. He is living off of Twisted Metal (which isn't all that great anyway) money, which he said in an interview once, he'd never work on again. Yet, what is his next game? TWISTED FUCKING METAL!! Everything that he tries to do that is "original" fails miserably. I honestly hope nobody buys the next Twisted Metal game and he fades in to obscurity like John Romero. Report
March 14, 201115 yr Author comment_32871 He also said on Twitter, that Apple lost a sale (iPad 2). He's still getting one, though.Your word means everything, Jaffe. Report
March 15, 201115 yr comment_32894 I kind of liked the Twisted Metal games. Then again, I really only play those arcade shooters where you can shoot people and stuff. I suck at simulation driving games. Some friends of mine used to rage at me when I tried to play Forza and stuff with them and constantly just was sideswiping and ramming people off the road.This guy is a tool though. Report
March 15, 201115 yr comment_32896 I kind of liked the Twisted Metal games. Then again, I really only play those arcade shooters where you can shoot people and stuff. I suck at simulation driving games. Some friends of mine used to rage at me when I tried to play Forza and stuff with them and constantly just was sideswiping and ramming people off the road.This guy is a tool though. Thanks to growing up on Mario Kart and Hydro Thunder, I often forget/don't bother with the break button...not so good in Forza, lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.