March 10, 201115 yr comment_32568 Any PSN Plus members here snag the demo of Mortal Kombat yet? Any impressions? I've seen videos of the demo, but they show nothing new that we haven't seen elsewhere (other than the full fatalities for the 4 demo characters). I want this to be at least enjoyable since Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has reignited my desire to play fighting games. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_32719 I haven't the time for gaming this week but I'll check it out over the weekend. Report
March 12, 201115 yr comment_32740 i played it. pretty cool. i like the old school stuff. i like the xrays. i like the character models. milena....wow.....dirty girl.i didn't see any fatalities except the ones in the vid after the demo, but they were sweet. i was disappointed i couldn't upercut somone into the pit. might be because it was just a demo. real time damage was cool.also, kratos. nuff said. Report
March 22, 201115 yr Author comment_33313 Funny that PSN Plus Exclusivity lasted only a week, and it was worth the wait, because while the demo was fun, it was not something I'd pay a premium price to pay early. In fact, playing the demo will probably make me wait for the price drop. Not that it's bad at all. Of all the 3D Combo-Chain Mortal Kombats made, this one is definitely the best, and shades of the air juggle combo system from Mortal Kombat II makes for a very good system. Also, the overall feel of the demo, the characters and atmosphere, are definitely out of Mortal Kombat II, my personal favorite and one I'm sure people would agree was MK at its best. Still, like all Mortal Kombats, once you see the highlights (the moves, the fatalities) it kinda peters out for me. Even the new X-Ray Moves seem like they will grow old fast, as they feel like Kombat's answer to Capcom and SNK's Super/Hyper move meter, but once you see them, they too will grow old. Sure, a combo system is there for the fighting purists, but considering that I'm embroiled in a game that I've waited far longer for and has satisfied me more than the Mortal Kombat series (Marvel vs. Capcom 3), I'm not exactly lured away. But still, that's personal preference, and longtime Kombatants who have held on and (maybe) disappointed by the last games "Everything and the kitchen sink (except decent unique fatalities)" will most likely want to jump onto this when it is released in April...unless of course you've been waiting for ANOTHER entry in a franchise that's taken longer than both a new Kombat and Vs. game combined to return! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.