March 8, 201115 yr comment_32391 The Beyond3D forums discovered the job postings on LinkedIn. The listings are seeking a graphics architect, a senior engineer, and a senior performance architect. All three listings mention "next generation console architectures from conception through implementation," suggesting that Microsoft is still in the early stages of work on the next generation Xbox. [source - GI] Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32399 I don't know if the time is right to be start working on a new console. I'm not feeling it if that turns out to be true. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32426 I think if they are just now hiring it could still be a ways out. Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_32433 I think if they are just now hiring it could still be a ways out.This... It is more than likely many years away still. Report
March 9, 201115 yr Author comment_32456 "IGN speculates that based on when they began work on the Xbox 360, we'll be waiting until at least 2012 or 2013 before we see the new Xbox in any form." Report
March 9, 201115 yr comment_32467 That's even too soon. What's going to happen is Microsoft is going to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing a new console too soon before the other two. Report
March 9, 201115 yr comment_32470 Honestly, I don't know Siren. Judging from some of the tech demos and screenshots, etc, of some of the upcoming engines that devs are using, it could be within Microsoft's interest to get a head start and release a console capable of taking advantadge of it.MS got the jump on Sony this generation and it's paid off for them in spades. Releasing a new console a year ahead of everyone else also may give them the edge.Just my two cents. I don't really WANT to shell out a ton of money on a new console, not to mention MS's new console BETTER BE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE G-******, but those tech demos and screenshots are sexy. Report
March 9, 201115 yr comment_32473 I feel like Microsoft jumped the gun a bit with the 360. If they would have taken more time they would have been able to take care of the over heating issue. I'm just afraid that they are going to throw a new console into the market and have some kind of issue like the 360 in the beginning.I also don't want to pay for a new console yet. Not to mention I'm sure the price of games will go up. I guess I'm just happy with the current gen consoles. Well console (hugs 360) Report
March 9, 201115 yr Author comment_32494 It'll be interesting to see if they include a Blu-Ray drive in their next console. Report
March 9, 201115 yr comment_32497 That is a good point PK. There is no way they'll be able to accomplish the new technology available without finding a way to increase the size of the storage media. 8 or 9GB just isn't going to cut it for all that hi-res stuff. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.