Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Sanctuary (Scifi Tv Series)

Featured Replies

So I'm watching the series with Karen on Netflix instant streaming and we're both now HUGE fans.

Sanctuary, for the uninitiatiated, is a SciFi (I refuse to say SyFy) series where the main characters run and work for a refuge for "abnormals". Any type of person/animal/thing that's different from your ruyn of the mill human. (telepaths, elementals, werewolves, vampires, etc.)

It's got some great spins on the classic Sci-Fi and fantasy tropes and there are TONS of nods and winks to audience that it's geared for.

So, my question: Anyone else watching? Anyone else a fan?

  • Author

Each episode is pretty much self contained with the exception of a few two parters or season finale.

However, it -does- help to watch from the beginning because when I tried watching a few years ago I didn't know who any of the characters were and I was a bit lost.

Seeing it from the beginning and in order you get a lot of glimpses of different characters and their history and see their growth. There are some characters I started out -not- liking but then I was completely won over and going "Okay... so-and-so is really awesome."

Not to mention there are some episodes that are actually pretty -FUN- and have you say "did they really just go there??" while your inner geek is dying laughing.

I've seen about 5 or 6 episodes, I like it so far. This and Eureka are pretty much the only things the SciFi channel has left since Battlestar is over and there attempt to turn stargate into the next Battlestar failed.

  • Author

The part that gets me is the nods to comic books and "geek culture". There's just something fun about a show that knows its audience and isn't afraid to give a nod and a wink now and then. It's not Deadpool breaking the 4th wall sort of a thing. It's more along the lines of very tongue in cheek "hey we're not taking things -that- seriously" because.... hey... this is all preposterously awesome anyways.

One of my fav eposides is "Nubbins". I won't give spoilers but it's one of the more light hearted "wtf" ones.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.