Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Dragon Age Locking Up

Featured Replies

Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition on my PC will lock up after about an hour of gameplay and windows will alert that the program has stopped working and needs to close. I have tried to find and answer on google, but not much has helped me. Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? Not a huge issue, but kind of annoying.

My guess is that it is some sort of cache/resource issue. This is common with quite a few games on Xbox also (like Mass Effect 2, Supreme Commander and a few others). Some people's workarounds basically are just "save and then restart the game after an hour or so", which is kind of a sh*tty workaround if you ask me but it seems to work.

I dunno, might not be your problem, but it seems that a LOT of games now have cache/resource issues.

  • Author

I can't remember what some of the issues causing this were. I'd have to look up my old posts on the DAO forums. I can look or you could peruse through. If I recall correctly there was something causing the issue that had some solutions.

You have quite a few posts. Something in particular that I should search for?

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=Dateranoth+site%3Asocial.bioware.com%2Fforum%2F

  • Author

social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/189269/1 I would start there. Try the core affinity fix.

About to run off to class but will try that tonight.

  • Author

Locked up twice, but after a few seconds it would fix itself. Followed the instructions for the i7 processors and it seems to play a little better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.